Location was perfect if beach is what you want. You just walk two blocks and there you are, almost in the water. To old town and city centre there was 20-25 minutes walk, but many shops and restaurants on the way so the walk was pretty nice too.
Room was very comfortable and overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good. In the room there was two beds and nice bathroom with bathtub and balcony. We got clean sheets and towels even when we did not ask for them. Only minus is that the bed was uncomfortably hard and bad for the back.
We had all inclusive, and indeed we ate most of the meals in the restaurant Daphne in the hotel. Foods were mostly excellent, there were several hot choices at every lunch and dinner, salads and vegetables, fruits, cheeses, fish.. you name it. Desserts were very lovely too. Breakfast was great, because there was bacon. With food you can drink house wine, beer or other refreshments like soda or juice. Service was quite fast, but the staff was very hurried and hasty because all the tables were always crowded.
Evenings at the hotel.. there are various happenings by the pool and at Ariane Bar. Mostly it was music (live/dj), but we also enjoyed magician, The absolute best was greek dancing group that performed greek traditional dancing and also made the guests dance. That night was awesome.
The con side of performances is that they are very loud and you surely enjoy them in your room too. It usually lasted from 9 p.m. to about 11p.m. so if you need to sleep at that time you most probably will have to pack earplugs.
The pool area was fully populated always when sunny, you have to get up early to get a sunbed. Pool itself was not so popular and there was always room to swim, it might be because the water was so cold that only kids could swim in it for as long as they want.
The conclusion: This is a great hotel with good food and friendly staff. It had everything we could have needed and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the crossroads of the southern coast, between Chania and Heraklion, Theartemis Palace is a prestigious resort with a firmly established reputation. Following an ambitious renovation project : Having all our rooms recently being renovated, to offer additional luxury and comfort, that meets even the most demanding expectations. Our ongoing renovation project, continued in 2013 with developing our buffet restaurant into an all -around live dinning experience, offering to our clientele more excuses to choose and visit our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Theartemis Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Theartemis Palace Rethymnon
- Theartemis Palace Hotel Crete/Rethymnon