First of all let me say that english is foreign language to me so bear imperfection but I thought this review would be more useful than in french since there were not so many french people in this hotel.
the hotel :
_ nice clean modern hotel, small but pleasant swimming pool. Ok this is city hotel. As said before the swimming pool closes too early : at 6PM even 5PM some days. Excellent private beach, comfortable, a lot of rooms
== beware == : no tap water at the restaurant, outrageous drink price ( about 4 euro a sparkling water bottle) even compared to other restaurants in town.
- outstanding fine cooked food , excellent breakfast. Let me insist on that: my mother and I are demanding as matter of food and we were both impressed with the food quality.
- hotel staff : professional friendly and comprehensive, they act as problem solver. My mother and I were surbooked the first night but got a upper suite room each in there next hotel which standing is at least as high as ours. We got a free meal as compensation. Since we were leaving late in the evening they let us use one of our two rooms until 6 PM which is rare in any hotel in the world. At the reception always at least a staff member would speak french whereas this is not very represented in this hotel.
- the hotel gives a hard try being first class hotel but their efforts repeatedly get ruined by customer manners: There are people that were bringing at the swimming pool all sort of floating object ( a floating boat and even scuba diver!) so that at the end you could even not swim.
These come into the hall in bathing suit and barefoot ( no tee shirt, no even tongs).
This should be addressed by tightening hotel rules.
modern and clean
- double curtain : this is pleasant detail so no sunlight comes in the morning
- handy drier outside on the balcony for bathing suits and towers.
- Air conditioning : works fine, at its lowest fan level almost inaudible and still effective.
Some cigarette smell from time to time in my room but still acceptable
== beware == of ripp off minibar price : like majority of customers go to the minimarket
opposite side of the road to get your everyday drinks and alcohols.
== beware == of the so called courtesy plate: fruits are for free but the instant coffee is not: 1.5 euro the
instant coffee stick, so is the mini springles chips pot ( an astronomical 3.20 euro charge for it)
The white whine seems free but not the one in refrigerator: again stay alerted!
As a whole we enjoyed a very good stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon