My brother and his family stayed in Porto Rethymno some years ago and recommended it to us. What he did not know is that in the meantime the management changed ....
We booked with VIP-selection (Jetair) a superior room with frontal seeview, so we payed a considerable supplement. As soon as we were shown the room, we realised that this was not the room we booked (we made a virtual visit on the internet and the room had lateral seeview) so we immediately went to the desk to complain. Not only the woman behind the counter but even the hotel (costumer) manager, Mr. Christos, told us we were liers! Fortunately I had with me the confirmation of our reservation, but even that was not good enough!
Two days later we were shown another room .. even worse then the one we were in! Three days later another one in the same style of the one we were in, but in the end we got embarressed and moved. Three days of our holidays gone and a lot of stress!!!
One night we were told in the restaurant that we could also take our diner in the à la carte restaurant without supplement. Since the personnel in the restaurant was very rude (very loud, shouting orders at each other from one end to the other) and the food not that good, we decided to go to the à la carte ... and had to pay €62! The choice on the menu was limited, but nobody had told us.
So on the fourth or fifth day our local hostess (finally) arrived, told us that she had feared for this already - they overbook all the time - and we asked for compensation. She came to have a look at the room, understood our complaint and told us that she would talk to the manager. Something we did not understand neither because we booked with her travel agency and they had to compensate us. Finally, to make a very long story short, we were told at the airport (!) that the manager told her that they had compensated us with whisky and raki ... this is not only very rude but it was OUR raki HE drank one evening he came to ask if everything was OK and we invited him to have a drink with us!!! And the complaint form we filled in for VIP-Selection probably never got there because we complained about the local hostess (absence, lack of knowledge, ..) as well.
Rethymno is great, Crete is great, but one good advise : never book a room in Porto Rethymno, it is waisted money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon