We arrived at the hotel for our 2 week holiday expecting great things from so many positive reviews, and our expectations were well and truely exceeded.
The public areas are very elegant and comfortable with the front decking and pool area our favourite with views of the beach and comfy sofas to relax on.
Our standard room did not match other areas in decor but was not lacking on space or amenities.
The level of service from all the staff was always consistently great and this is what makes the hotel so special. Babis and Eleni certainly added greatly to our enjoyment.
The beach was always clean with plenty of available sunbeds. We really liked the waiter service together with the complimentary bottled water in a bucket full of ice that arrrived with our orders.
Even after 2 weeks we were still enjoying the food as there was always plenty of choice as well as being very fresh, but the Bbq nights were a clear winner. Again the staff were always on form, greeeting us each time and escorting us to our table. They were always friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you!
The evening entertainment was fun but we would of liked an evening we could of danced more.
Overall the hotel is fabulous hotel and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon