My wife and I stopped here between 16th and 30th September.I agree with the previous comments concerning local noise from mopeds and cars. We were very fortunate in having a room facing the sea so we did not experience having a balcony overlooking the road and the local flats at the side of the hotel.I did remark to my wife that I would'nt be too happy if I had one of the side rooms.
We thought that the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were half board and the breakfasts and evening meals were in our opinion excellent.
My wife has to have a Gluten free diet so she spoke to the Chef . He advised her as to what food did'nt have wheat or barley in them. He even did some special desserts for her.
The Hotel drinks are quite expensive so we purchased bottles of wine from a supermarket on the front and drank the wine after dinner !!
We used the sun beds on the beach throughout our holiday as there is not much poolside room at the hotel. There are 2 small outside pools but they are very small and quite useles really.
This is a very nice comfortable and contemporary hotel which is very close to the harbour.If you want a hotel with nice palm tree gardens then this is'nt for you.
After all that we did enjoy our stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon