Room with a good sea view was as we had hoped it would be, a bit on the small size but cleaned well daily and no issues.
Dining room was bright and airy, something for everyone food wise and a high quality selection to choose from at breakfast and dinner. Staff were always quick to help and extremely polite.
There were a few issues with some guests reserving the best sunbeds on the beach from 5.50 am onwards but not arriving to take up their places until 10.30 - 11.00 am. The hotel was in the process of illiminating this problem and a member of staff would remove all reserved towels, freeing up the sunbeds for other guests who wanted to spend time on the beach at earlier times.
We were a little dissappointed with check out times. We had to check out from our room before 12 noon and then move to our allocated room for late check out, which we had paid for through Thompson. Unfortunately we then had to leave this room at 6pm (company policy) and leave our luggage in a back room until our coach picked us up at 8.50pm. In the time we had to wait in the hotel, we were not allowed to sit in any of the loby areas with our suitcases, We had to sit in a corner by the room our cases had been stored. The porter kindly suggested that we could go and have a shower whilst we awaited the coach but we advised that we couldnt because we had to check out of our room earlier !!!! We hope this kind of problem can we rectified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon