We stayed in the Porto Rethmno hotel for 11 nights in July and we had a great time. The hotel staff are just brilliant, they really look after you and are generally happy to help. Giorgos the maître is a lovely man, he looks out for the team (Grigoris and co) and makes sure they are attentive to everyone....they work so hard and people should reward them with a little Crete language and a smile.
Filio, the Relations Manager made contact regularly to ensure we were happy, and Gorgois the barman made great Mai Tai cocktails :)
The food in the hotel was varied and a good selection that should suit most people including vegetation options.
Our room was a superior sea view number 608 and was spacious, clean and well stocked with mini bar and toiletries. Everyday the maid made an effort to create little works of art in our room...I won't spoil the secret!
The pool at the front is tiny but with the beach just across the road it does not matter. The bigger pool at the back is a good size although I didn't fancy swimming while people ate breakfast.
Being a good location to the old town and right next to port going to Santorini it was a perfect place for us to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon