Unfortunately we only stayed at The Aquila Porto Rethymnon Hotel for a week, but what a delight.
A pleasant hotel, good sized clean rooms and a restaurant serving very good food indeed.
From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel, we were looked after and made to feel important.
The staff at a very high level of friendliness, constantly smiling and yes very attentive on all levels.
The hotel itself was modern, clean and a pleasure to stay in.
I guess the thing that done it for us was the location (close to beach and old town) and the food.
The beach was a stone's throw across the road and the old town an easy, casual 10 minute walk.
The hotel had secured its own part of the beach, so getting a sun bed (which was free) was never an issue.
The restaurant well.....was amazing. An abundance for delightful food to choose from. They catered for just about everyone. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, honey to cold meats, cereals or a good old fry up. Always fresh, always plentiful.
Dinner just as good, if not a whole lot better.
Again they catered for all likings. Meat, fish, pasta or rice. Fresh vegetables, sauces or salad.
Desserts galore or good old cheese and biscuits. Most nights would have a theme, this would consist of an outside Barbecue, Asian cuisine or a traditional Greek night.
Again all amazing tasty food.
The staff were very attentive and hard working. From 5am till late at night and yet always raised a smile. And nothing was ever too much.
A special thank you to our waitress Dimitra (I hope I spelt her name right?) Ever so hard working, happy and helpful.
Also a special thank you to the catering/welcoming staff and again a special thank you to Anatasia. Always a smile and always helpful. Again nothing was ever to much for her.
We were made to feel very welcome with the added bonus of having cake and a card delivered from the hotel, due to my birthday. Little things like this go a long long way.
If there were a downside to this delightful hotel, that would have to be the small swimming pools. Clean but small. But then again....you have the beach right on your door step.
And the wifi is very weak and limited around the hotel.
So would I stay here again......A BIG YES!!!!
Hotel APR....Thanks for making our stay a pleasurable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Crete/Rethymnon