Aquila Porto Rethymno
Iperion Beach Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$95
Bio Suites Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$80
Hotels.com
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Casa Vitae Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Avli Lounge Apartments(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$191
US$172
US$340
US$325
Palazzino di Corina(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$105
US$156
1,261 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsea viewhalf boardold townbeach towelsmini barthe guest relations managerfree safebeach servicemain restaurantstandard roomplenty of sunbedsblue flag beachprivate beachindoor poolrestaurant staffthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Unfortunately we only stayed at The Aquila Porto Rethymnon Hotel for a week, but what a delight.
A pleasant hotel, good sized clean rooms and a restaurant serving very good food indeed.
From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel, we were looked after and made to feel important.
The staff at a very high level of friendliness, constantly smiling and yes very attentive on all levels.
The hotel itself was modern, clean and a pleasure to stay in.
I guess the thing that done it for us was the location (close to beach and old town) and the food.
The beach was a stone's throw across the road and the old town an easy, casual 10 minute walk.
The hotel had secured its own part of the beach, so getting a sun bed (which was free) was never an issue.
The restaurant well.....was amazing. An abundance for delightful food to choose from. They catered for just about everyone. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, honey to cold meats, cereals or a good old fry up. Always fresh, always plentiful.
Dinner just as good, if not a whole lot better.
Again they catered for all likings. Meat, fish, pasta or rice. Fresh vegetables, sauces or salad.
Desserts galore or good old cheese and biscuits. Most nights would have a theme, this would consist of an outside Barbecue, Asian cuisine or a traditional Greek night.
Again all amazing tasty food.
The staff were very attentive and hard working. From 5am till late at night and yet always raised a smile. And nothing was ever too much.
A special thank you to our waitress Dimitra (I hope I spelt her name right?) Ever so hard working, happy and helpful.
Also a special thank you to the catering/welcoming staff and again a special thank you to Anatasia. Always a smile and always helpful. Again nothing was ever to much for her.

We were made to feel very welcome with the added bonus of having cake and a card delivered from the hotel, due to my birthday. Little things like this go a long long way.

If there were a downside to this delightful hotel, that would have to be the small swimming pools. Clean but small. But then again....you have the beach right on your door step.

And the wifi is very weak and limited around the hotel.

So would I stay here again......A BIG YES!!!!

Hotel APR....Thanks for making our stay a pleasurable one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in the Porto Rethmno hotel for 11 nights in July and we had a great time. The hotel staff are just brilliant, they really look after you and are generally happy to help. Giorgos the maître is a lovely man, he looks out for the team (Grigoris and co) and makes sure they are attentive to everyone....they work so hard and people should reward them with a little Crete language and a smile.

Filio, the Relations Manager made contact regularly to ensure we were happy, and Gorgois the barman made great Mai Tai cocktails :)

The food in the hotel was varied and a good selection that should suit most people including vegetation options.

Our room was a superior sea view number 608 and was spacious, clean and well stocked with mini bar and toiletries. Everyday the maid made an effort to create little works of art in our room...I won't spoil the secret!

The pool at the front is tiny but with the beach just across the road it does not matter. The bigger pool at the back is a good size although I didn't fancy swimming while people ate breakfast.

Being a good location to the old town and right next to port going to Santorini it was a perfect place for us to be.

Room Tip: High room and sea front
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank starlings
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Firstly I would like to say that the hotel is well placed on the front, The walk into the old town is a lovely 10 minutes stroll along the promenade with a great view across the water and to the Fortezza (fortress) up on the hill.

Now onto the hotel, the staff you could not fault from the cleaner to the waitresses, waiters, maitre d to management , they always made the time to stop and ask how you were or listen to you. I have never been to a hotel before where management really listened to what you had to say. It was a real treat to be spoken to more than just a customer or a nuisance. On this alone, I would say the hotel deserves it's 5 stars.

The food was good, plenty of choice, hot and cold food, and being the fussy eater I am, I never went hungry even for us veggies and for those who are gluten free there was plenty of choice. We had upgraded to all inclusive and found that there was a good choice of cocktails to be had as well as some branded spirits included.

The room's were a good size with plenty of hanging space and coat hangers. The room came with bathrobes and slippers, which is a nice touch it was would have been nicer if the bathrobes were slightly bigger. The shower in our room was extremely powerful and unlike one other reviewer, our bathroom remained dry and was also stocked up with shampoo etc every day.

The only downside on this hotel is that it does look a little tired in places, but have been told this is being addressed and evening entertainment is slightly lacking

We had a fantastic time in Rethymon the people were friendly and nothing appeared to much for them. We spent quite a few hours wandering around the old town, down on the port or just sitting at one of the many bars just watching the world go by. Any excursion's we did, we did independently and I would highly recommend the Talos Express Limo VIP trip that took you around five little cretan villages, lovely trip and not that expensive at 30m euro's. We also made use of Klados for our other trips and found this better for us as we got to see what we wanted to see without having to stop at the places we didn't want to..
I would say Rethymon is a lovely place to stay, with plenty to see, lovely people and one of the best hotels I've stayed in for a while.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Chipmumma
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for 1 week from 29th June 2014! It was our first holiday away together, we are a young couple and were absoloutely delighted with our stay!
When we arrived the front of house customer service was excellent & they had also upgraded our room to a sea veiw room for free (which was amazing as we werent expecting it!) Our room was clean, tidy, bright,& very spacious, the decor was pleasant but it wasn't a 5* room in terms of decor that would be expected in england but that didnt bother me the slightest (only commented about that because i've seen some silly people moaning about it)! The bathroom was clean & tidy with a fairly decent shower! There was complementary sparkling wine waiting for us along with a full mini bar with freebies as we were all inclusive:)
We booked premium all inclusive with Thompson and i was very apprehensive as i've only had bad experiences with all inclusive! Let me just say THE FOOD WAS AMAZING there was always something to eat regardless of your tastes, themed nights were brilliant we experienced a traditional greek night & an asian night aswel! The food was beautifully presented, always fresh and absoloutely divine! I found the food at lunch the tastiest! My experiences in the dining room were brilliant, every night you were welcomed & seated the service from the front of house staff in the dining room was execllent! Often you had to wait a while for your drinks but that is understandable as the staff are rushed off their feet! The hotel is in an amazing location & i'd argue its the best in the area as we noticed it was the only 5*! With the premium all inlusive you get a free gala dinner in the al a carte resturant which i highly reccommend! The all inclusive in this hotel is most definitely worth the money! Champagne reception, the beat service in the whole of the hotel, brilliant 5* food and dining on the bech front watching the sun go down was quite perfect! The beach was gorgeous & very clean, staff were attentitive wherever you were! We were under the inpression that the all inclusie didnt apply on the beach so just check that one out as the menus they give you have no indications on them!
The location of the hotel is perfect a short 15 minute walk into the resort centre & old town rethymon but you are still surrounded by bars and shops! Its a perfect hotel in a perfect location! I would thoroughly reccommend this hotel its amazing & the staff there are a credit to the aquila brand! We will definitely be returning to either this hotel or one of their others, amazing! Thank you to all the staff that work so hard to keep this place upto its amazing standards!
If your thinking about this hotel or its on your shortlist....GO & BOOK IT;)

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank GeeLyon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Quite delayed in writing this review - 3 generations of family went in June 2012, from 14 months to mid 50s and it suited everyone.
Rooms clean, brilliant air con and although not a sea view, there is a pool either side of the hotel so we still had the view over the pool on the other side. Mini bar had a couple of beers and soft drinks, 2 of each per person which is more than usual for an all inclusive mini bar.Restocked daily.
The sunbeds on the rooftop pool went sooner as these were the ones that got the sun all day (although the pool this side was FREEZING) No trouble getting a sunbed we went down at about 9am and never saw any reserved sunbeds, apart from leaving them for lunch but that's fair enough in my book. The other pool area was a lot quieter as the sunbeds didn't get much sun during the day, however the water was a pleasant temperature, so this was more suited if you wanted to actually use the pool. My mum is a bit of a sunbather so we had to brave the freezing cold pool, but it was sooo hot outside that it was quite refreshing and not TOO bad once in there, my niece absolutely loved playing in the pool so we soon had to get used to it. Brilliant waiter service during the day and again in the bars in the evening, you rarely had to resort to going up to the bar to get a drink, also appreciated the way that every drink came with a bottle of water and some crisps, nice touch. Glass bottles of soft drinks is much nicer - as the bright orange fanta that you get from machines abroad just isn't the same!
Food was a good standard and really enjoyed the plated main course for the evening meal, meat, "fish" or veg (often the fish choice was pork, so my mum who is a veg that eats fish was a bit disappointed that she was limited in the main course, but then there was always a buffet choice as well.) Show cooking station every night as well which would follow a theme. Loved the BBQ greek night and the souvlaki was amazing.
Hotel is in a good location to walk into Rethymnon port for sightseeing and boat trips, we also went on a train around Crete that picks you up just up the road from Rethymnon.
Didn't spend much time on the beach as the niece wasn't a fan but it was very clean and good sand for the time that we did spend there.
All in all we had a great family holiday here and although I rarely go back to hotels writing this review has got me itching to book with my boyfriend for next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family