My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights.
We arrived by car first of all, and there are no parking spots or carpark nearby - somehow, after unloading the luggage, we managed to find a spot for our car.
At check-in everything went fine, and the receptionist seemed nice and gave us the most necessary info at the time - we had arrived a bit too early for our room to be ready, but it was no problem at all, since we were just left to hang out at the pool on the roof (6th floor).
When we did get the key to the room (the old system with key and magnet for electricity), we went to the room only to find the floor in the bathroom extremely wet from the washing. Anyways, we unpacked, had a shower and returned to the swimming pool again for one of the nicest views of Rethymno city.
They have free wi-fi on all floors, but I only experience it as "unstable".
The pool area is basically never crowded, which is just fantastic! Including the great view from up there.
Breakfast is from 7:30 am till 10 am. It's not the typical I'm-never-gonna-eat-this breakfast, it's actually quite varied and good.
One REALLY annoying thing though is, the pool area is open from 8 am till 8 pm - the bar doesn't open before noon, and since they have this crappy rule about how you're not allowed to bring your own beverages and/or food to the pool area, don't go there until noon, or you'll dehydrate.
The cleaning is a bit so-so, since they keep washing the floor with half the Aegean ocean, so it's completely wet every time they're done in your room.
I'm not sure if I'll return again, because the selection of hotels is so wide in this area, but then again - if I need a good and quiet pool area with the best view, then I'll definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to ACHILLION PALACE, the most comfortable and friendly hotel in Rethymnon.It is situated in the most beautiful quarter of the city, just a breath away from the seafront and very close to the entrance to the old settlement, whose narrow streets lead to the imposing medieval castle and the picturesque Venetian port.Modern and well-organized, it perfectly blends unique comfort with the traditional Cretan hospitality and aspires to become the ideal base for your activities in the city or your escapes in the greater area.ACHILLION PALACE heartily welcomes you, ready to make your stay truly memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Achillion Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achillion Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Achillion Palace Crete/Rethymnon