Achillion Palace
Pepi Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
  • Pool
Apollon Hotel Apartments(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$34
US$250
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Palazzino di Corina(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$107
  • Pool
Casa Vitae Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
  • Breakfast included
La Stella Hotel Apartments & Suites(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$393
US$295
US$281
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolnice hotelfridge kettleold townplenty of chairsnice and clean roomsbrilliant locationhot and cold disheshotel managerenjoyable staybalconyharbourcreteseacostasfortresseuro
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited this hotel for 2 nights on our week long holiday in Crete. Room was dark and hot, a/c did not work properly. The furniture was really dark brown and made the room even more dark and not so cosy. I think there are different "themes" in different rooms. Room was clean and big but our room had its balcony view to the back side of the hotel and opposite there was a ugly building, and all thought it was told to be partially sea view, we could not see the sea at all. Hotel was totally booked so we did not get another room after asking. Not so nice :(

Pool at the top floor with a poolbar was ok, and we spent our day rather there than on the ugly rethymnon beach.
Hotel is close to the old town and all good shopping, so it is a good hotel if You only care about the location.
Breakfast was ok and we ate it at the "garden" ouside behind the hotel.

I would not book this hotel again, cause it was not so nice as the pics made us feel like. And it was not a good value for our money. It was not bad, but not good either.

Room Tip: Take a room with a sea view. There are rooms with the view, and without- nothing in between.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

well like the previous reviewer,I don't understand the bad reviews,My partner and I have just come back from a ten night stay at the Achillion,and we thought for the price that it was a good hotel.Yes I can understand why people are are a little miffed that its classed as a four star hotel,which it probably isn't,but that not to say its a bad hotel,the best thing about the hotel is the location right next to the old town,and a five minute walk to the beach.the hotel seemed clean and the bedding and towels were changed each day.the pool at the top of the hotel is really nice if not massive,with some lovely views of the town and surrounding mountains.the breakfast was really good with loads of choices on offer,The staff very pleasant and willing to offer help when needed.If I wanted to have a little moan I would have loved a kettle in the room but apart from that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

First impressions were good, lovely spacious and clean reception. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable with air conditioning included in the price. Breakfast was more than adequate and catered for all nationalities and tastes, served by a very courteous and attentive waiter. The pool was nice and quiet, partly due to being on the roof top with some lively views. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've chosen this hotel mainly because of its location. It is within walking distance to the old town, and close to the harbor. The thing is I've chosen this hotel instead of other 3 star hotels in the area, because this was a 4 star hotel, and from the pictures it looked like one. But the pictures are a 'bit' misleading.
Other than that, wi-fi was not really working, sometimes it did. The hotel does not have any parking spaces, nor there is a car-park close by.
I loved the pool area, which is on the top floor of the hotel, amazing views of the harbor and old town. Only went for sunbathing, so no reviews of the pool or the bar.
Overall, it was a good price for good location.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms or rooms with garden view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank elenacy
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights.

We arrived by car first of all, and there are no parking spots or carpark nearby - somehow, after unloading the luggage, we managed to find a spot for our car.

At check-in everything went fine, and the receptionist seemed nice and gave us the most necessary info at the time - we had arrived a bit too early for our room to be ready, but it was no problem at all, since we were just left to hang out at the pool on the roof (6th floor).

When we did get the key to the room (the old system with key and magnet for electricity), we went to the room only to find the floor in the bathroom extremely wet from the washing. Anyways, we unpacked, had a shower and returned to the swimming pool again for one of the nicest views of Rethymno city.

They have free wi-fi on all floors, but I only experience it as "unstable".
The pool area is basically never crowded, which is just fantastic! Including the great view from up there.

Breakfast is from 7:30 am till 10 am. It's not the typical I'm-never-gonna-eat-this breakfast, it's actually quite varied and good.

One REALLY annoying thing though is, the pool area is open from 8 am till 8 pm - the bar doesn't open before noon, and since they have this crappy rule about how you're not allowed to bring your own beverages and/or food to the pool area, don't go there until noon, or you'll dehydrate.

The cleaning is a bit so-so, since they keep washing the floor with half the Aegean ocean, so it's completely wet every time they're done in your room.

I'm not sure if I'll return again, because the selection of hotels is so wide in this area, but then again - if I need a good and quiet pool area with the best view, then I'll definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple