Never been to Crete before. So we were a little uncertain of what to expect. My uncertainties were unfounded. We spent a week in Rethymno at the Achillion Palance. Upon arrival we were met by Thanasis the hotel manager, who was very friendly and very helpful throughout our stay in Crete. . Both Thanasis and Manolis at reception were very helpful and knowledgeable on their country and offered us assistance on where, how and what sights to see. We stayed in a double room with aircon and a very comfortable double bed, our room was cleaned daily. The hotel staff as well as the young waiter that greeted us every morning for breakfast where very polite and attentive. The hotel provides it's guests with a variety of breakfast and hot or cold beverages to choose from, which is exactly what was needed to start our day. The hotel in general is spacious, clean and tidy, with a large and cool reception area, the garden area was very pretty, peaceful and relaxing both during the day and at night. The local beaches, and shops are very close by, as well as the picturesque harbour and light house. On our last day in Crete we never left the hotel and instead spent the day by the hotel pool on the roof. We found Crete itself very clean and the people very friendly and polite. On our next visit to Rethimno we will be most definitely be staying at the Achillion Palace again and would recommend the hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to ACHILLION PALACE, the most comfortable and friendly hotel in Rethymnon.It is situated in the most beautiful quarter of the city, just a breath away from the seafront and very close to the entrance to the old settlement, whose narrow streets lead to the imposing medieval castle and the picturesque Venetian port.Modern and well-organized, it perfectly blends unique comfort with the traditional Cretan hospitality and aspires to become the ideal base for your activities in the city or your escapes in the greater area.ACHILLION PALACE heartily welcomes you, ready to make your stay truly memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Achillion Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achillion Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Achillion Palace Crete/Rethymnon