We choose the Palazzo Vecchio from recommendations on this site. We are very pleased we did. From the moment we confirmed of our reservation we received extremely good and personal attention. On arrival we were welcomed and shown to our suite which was on the top floor. The suite was well furnished, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bedroom was air conditioned with a very quiet and efficient unit. The location is in a quiet area within walking distance from the old town making it very convenient for the numerous restaurants and bars located there. We found the buffet breakfasts to be very good with quality fresh ingredients. The building itself has been thoughtfully restored.
We would like to thank all the people working at the Palazzo Vecchio for making our stay so enjoyable and a special thanks to Thanassis. He was always ready to help and advise and gave us very good recommendations for local restaurants based on his extensive experience in the hotel and restaurant business.
This was our first visit to Crete (and to Greece) and we pleasantly surprised by the value and quality of the food. Most restaurants served a number of “traditional cretan dishes” which we found to be very good.
We would have no hesitation in recommending the Palazzo Vecchio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence is a small, romantic and beautifully furnished Hotel in Rethymno, Crete. Located exactly in the heart of the old town of Rethymno, Palazzo Vecchio was built in 15th century in the days of the Venetians. In the neighboring,you can find a plethora of restaurants, cafe, shops & various points of interest, in easy walking distance. Palazzo Vecchio is one of the oldest mansions of Rethymno, located at the ‘edge’ of the old town of Rethymno, below the Venetian Fortress “Fortezza”, 50 meters from the Mediterranean Sea at a short distance from the Venetian fortress “Fortezza” and close to the impressive building dated from the Ottomans time. The hotel consists of 23 rooms and has been restored with skill, taste and respect to its history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Vecchio Rethymnon
- Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence Crete/Rethymnon