My husband and I spent three days of our honeymoon at Avli and loved every minute. We got lost finding it - like one of the other reviewers - but when we arrived, we felt so well taken care of, that our stress melted away in minutes. Thanasis and his team were friendly and attentive and made us feel relaxed and at home from the getgo.
The place is almost magical with its beautifully appointed rooms and movie-set-like courtyard. Every nook and cranny has been decorated with something--pots of fresh herbs, vintage glass, and vine-covered trellis. The place is a perfect romantic get away. We stayed in the Brown room which has a lovely balcony looking over the courtyard. That first night we arrived, a wedding was scheduled and we were actually given a free half-bottle of red wine to enjoy, so we sat out on our terrace, and danced to the music flowing up from the courtyard.
We also did the cooking class. We were joined by another American couple and chatted the night away while we cooked and watched the restaurant owner herself tell us stories and show us how things were made. It was 4 hours of great food and free flowing wine and conversation as the sun set. Again. Magical.
At the end of three days we felt we already knew everyone so well. When it came to leave, we had one of those awful morning flights, and Thanasis insisted on waking up himself to call us and make sure we were up...at like, 4am. They'd also gone to the trouble of putting our breakfast in our fridge the night before. So accommodating.
The breakfasts were incredible -- several courses with lots of choices including famous greek yogurt and eggs any style with optional sides of delicious sausage, and of course coffee and fresh juice.
Long story long, we can't recommend Avli enough. (This is our way of saying thanks for the memories!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique - only ten suites - hotel in the middle of the old town of Rethymno. Each suite ranges from 375 sq.feet to 645 sq.feet and each is decorated differently using a color scheme. Two junior suites and one penthouse suite feature an open plan Jacuzzi tub inside the room and two junior and the two executive suites feature same Jacuzzi tub in a separate area. All suites are equipped with a refrigerator/mini bar, satellite TV, stereo, safe deposit box, internet access. The penthouse suite features two balconies, one executive suite features a Romeo&Juliet balcony and the second executive suite features one balcony. The building itself is a 15th-century Venetian mansion that was renovated in 2006. The suites are served by an award winning restaurant - considered one of the best in Greece - featuring a wine cellar with over 400 labels of wine and a courtyard where guests can enjoy their a la carte breakfast (included n the price of the suite). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Avli Lounge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avli Lounge Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Avli Lounge Apartments Crete/Rethymnon