My husband and I stayed here during off peak tourist season and we couldn't have stayed at a more quaint and charming place. We picked it because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and Avli Lounge did not let us down. From the warm welcome to the amazing rooms (we stayed in the Red room the first couple nights, which was warm and cozy, and then received a complimentary upgrade to the White room, which was spacious and relaxing). Because we were here in the 'winter' it was extremely quiet and we felt like we were the only guests here and were treated like royalty! Johnny (pronounced Yanni) has just taken over running the place and although he was busy trying to improve things, he made sure we were priority. The owner, Katarina, was also extremely friendly and inviting and we felt like family. They were both so attentive to our needs and strived for perfection, which wasn't difficult! The food at the restaurant was amazing...lamb meatballs, homemade pasta with shrimp, yogurt with honey, fresh squeezed orange juice, baklava...every meal was delectable. There were a couple of times we decided to have dessert in our room and they insisted on delivering it to us even though we could've just taken it ourselves. What wonderful service. We highly recommend staying here as you will not be disappointed!! It is a wonderfully charming place run by an extremely helpful and warm staff. We will miss it here and hope to make it back one day...in the meantime, choose this place and we'll be jealous we can't be there, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique - only ten suites - hotel in the middle of the old town of Rethymno. Each suite ranges from 375 sq.feet to 645 sq.feet and each is decorated differently using a color scheme. Two junior suites and one penthouse suite feature an open plan Jacuzzi tub inside the room and two junior and the two executive suites feature same Jacuzzi tub in a separate area. All suites are equipped with a refrigerator/mini bar, satellite TV, stereo, safe deposit box, internet access. The penthouse suite features two balconies, one executive suite features a Romeo&Juliet balcony and the second executive suite features one balcony. The building itself is a 15th-century Venetian mansion that was renovated in 2006. The suites are served by an award winning restaurant - considered one of the best in Greece - featuring a wine cellar with over 400 labels of wine and a courtyard where guests can enjoy their a la carte breakfast (included n the price of the suite). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Avli Lounge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avli Lounge Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Avli Lounge Apartments Crete/Rethymnon