“Superlatives are required!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Folegandros
Anemomilos Apartments
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Folegandros
Reviewed 14 July 2013

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor our expectations were high - these we're not only met but exceeded. This place is beautiful in a fabulous location with great owners and staff. Our cliff-edge Blue room 15 was spectacular with three seating areas two overlooking the Chora and the other overlooking the sea to other islands and up the hill to the church. The room was large with a seating area and kitchenette. The whole place is kept spotless and is a riot of colour. There are comfortable loungers by the attractive pool. A wonderful breakfast is served overlooking the amazing view. The sunsets from here are truly spectacular especially with a cocktail in hand! Cornelian and Diana, her daughter, are very charming and welcoming and clearly take great pride in their amazing property.

Room Tip: Blue rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ManchesterWalkies
AnemomilosApartments, Owner at Anemomilos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property.

We are glad that -as it seams- you have enjoyed every aspect of Anemomilos, from our breakfast and pool to the views and the cocktails!

Thank you for all your kind comments.
We will be more than glad to host you again at our place!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

On recommendation from friends, my wife and I spent 5 days here for our honeymoon, and had perhaps the best hotel experience I've ever had.

Location - the best on the island. The highest hotel on the island with unparalleled views (insanely good) from the restaurant/pool area and the balconies. No other hotel on the island is as scenic. Also just 1-5 minute walk from all of the restaurants and shops in Chora (the main settlement on the island). Only concern is that requires an uphill walk to return to the hotel, could be a concern if severe health issues.

Physical condition and upkeep - excellent. Had a Blue Line room with a kitchenette - everything was in good condition and very clean. Did not use the stove/oven. Authentic greek style resort decor (all whitewashed with bright accents) without being kitschy. Pool area was clean and pleasant to swim in.

Service - superb. Family who runs the hotel and their staff are extremely warm and welcoming, fun to chat with, and ready to bend over backwards to arrange anything you can think of. Pick you up from ferry, will get you tickets, will go out and buy things for you, whatever you can think of. I would hang out with these people in my free time, no questions asked, and felt I could count on them for whatever I needed.

Food - excellent. Get your room with the breakfast - it is very large, delicious, and has lots of options. Ate lunch here one day and it one of the best meals we had on the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DRF7001
AnemomilosApartments, Owner at Anemomilos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your Blue Studio, as well as the island of Folegandros.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is hands down my favorite hotel anywhere, for a hundred different reasons. I was lucky enough to discover it 15 years ago, when the island had few tourists and fewer cars. The apartments were much simpler then -- no pool or restaurant, no separate shower or A/C -- and were stunning in their simplicity. I was very excited to come back after so long... but I also was a little worried that the place had lost its charm with all the upgrades. A needless concern.

If anything, it is more charming than ever. The beautiful trees and plants have matured, and the rooms are luxuriously comfortable while still tastefully understated. I stayed for 14 days and during each one of them I discovered another artful touch somewhere on the property.

As an interior designer, I was blown away by the architectural design. Each apartment feels completely private and unique. Sitting on our terrace, we were unaware of our neighbors... couldn't see them, couldn't hear them. The restaurant is also genius. When the Meltemi winds blew, the restaurant was completely still. I moved my arm two inches beyond the limits of the restaurant railing, and I could feel the wind gusting. I can't even imagine the math that went into those floor plans! The same for the beautiful pool. It is positioned to avoid the wind and offer privacy and tranquility.

I could go on and on about the design, but I have to mention the wonderful service. Everyone on staff is genuinely nice -- from the cleaning people to the waiters. And then there are the owners, who feel like family. Cornelia and Diana couldn't be warmer or more generous, helping us in so many ways. I remember Cornelia's kindness to me from my first trip -- she and the Anemomilos Apartments will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so so much for your detailed review of Anemomilos!

Its is always wonderful to hear that people who liked our hotel in the past, continue to do so, after 20 years of operation!

We were so excited to see you again after 15 years and we sincerely hope to see you again soon in the not too distant future!

All the best from all of us here at Anemomilos!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent the first two nights of our honeymoon here, and it could not have been more special. Beautiful layout, amazing views and excellent, friendly service. A short walk from the centre of town. Great breakfast spent overlooking the cliffs. Can't recommend this place enough!
Ps. We don't think the website does it justice

• Stayed: June 2013
AnemomilosApartments, Owner at Anemomilos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We're so glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your recommendations -we're actually thinking of revising our website for next year! Once again congratulations on your wedding and hope to see you next year on your anniversary!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have stayed (very luckily for me) at some extraodiary hotels all over the world and this, in its simpler way is right up there with them all. I had just arrived from a deeply disappointing and all round awful experience at La Maltese on Santorini and the contrast couldn't have been more acute. Despite the fact that I was, apparently, two days late, due to a mix up when booking Cornelia and Diana couldn't have been more charming and welcoming. They aslo, unlike the ghastly Maltese did not charge me for the missed day/s. My room was perfect. It was cleaned swiftly and perfectly as soon as I left the room in the mroning so that when I returned to get my beach things it was already spotless, unlike so many other places who don't get around to this until the afternoon. The hospitality was delightful and endlessly helpful (and nicely sardonic - when I 'fessed' up to having broken a glass, Cornelia told me with a beady look in her eye that the glass had been a priceless heirloom and that is would cost me 500E.........instead, it, of course, cost me nothing...) The hotel is perfectly postioned, the sea is right there, the sunset is right there and Hora is right there and Folegandros is amazing and bewitching and got right under my skin.. Everyone one meets from fellow tourists to locals/taverna owners seemed to be funnier and more charming than usual. I can't wait to go back and am already planning it. (On a small note, I had a slight medical problem which I shared with my hosts. They immediatley told me where the doctor was - 50 meters or so away. I wandered down there, was seen immediately by a charming doctor who gave me the medication I required - all for free - extraordinary efficiency).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
AnemomilosApartments, Owner at Anemomilos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!

We sincerely hope you're feeling better and we would absolutely love to see you again in the future and meet the rest of the family!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having spent the past 30 years working internationally, I have spent my fair share of nights in hotels. Anemomilos has to rank amongst the top hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in. We spent 4 nights in the Hotel's only suite and it was well worth the extra euros. The view is spectacular, the room is large with a sitting room and spacious bedroom. The hotel is perched on the edge of a spectacular cliff with incredible views. The rooms, equipped with small kitchen, are spotless. This family run hotel provides outstanding and responsive service from the moment you are picked up to the moment you are dropped off at the port. Cornellia and Diana are always smiling and strive to make your experience most enjoyable. If you are lucky enough to visit Folegandros, look no further than this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is outstanding, but if its not available, go for a blue room as the broader views are wort...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank saluamanono

Thank you for reviewing Anemomilos Apartments! So very glad to hear that you have enjoyed both your stay in our Suite as well as the island of Folegandros itself!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

The location is stunning, perched on a cliff overlooking the Aegean. (I don't think I would bring young children who like to walk along the tops of walls though, unless you have strong nerves!)

The rooms are beautifully appointed and spotless.

The owners and staff are all charming - but not in that professional way, but in a really personal way.

The pool and surrounding area is wonderful. Lovely flowers and seating areas surrounded by blossom.

Only a couple of buts. The wind can be strong - it is throughout the Cyclades and this is on a cliff.

There is not much to walk to from the town and the island as a whole has just a few beaches. Hire a car or a motorbike.

A week on Folegandros is prob enough to explore most of it. Then move on.

We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Erewhon52
AnemomilosApartments, Owner at Anemomilos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much for your to-the-point review of Anemomilos and Folegandros.

Yes, Anemomilos is actually situated on the edge of a vertical cliff, that's what makes our views so magnificent! When it comes to families with children, we usually recommend our Green Studios which feature verandas that are not hanging over the cliff (with great sea-view nevertheless) !

Once again, thank you very much for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond.

Hope to see you again soon.