Review Highlights
Fabulous walking on beautiful island

I really enjoyed this 6 day walking holiday. Nigel was flexible and well organised. The varied... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2020
helenliebling
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Just what we wanted! Hiking, relaxation and fun companions

We really enjoyed our five night walking holiday with Nigel and our lovely, fun group (of singles... read more

Reviewed 29 September 2019
mynexth0liday
Hampshire, Uk

All reviews walking holiday beautiful island nigel beaches cave
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I decided to do an active holiday in Greece 13 days before I booked flights from Australia, and in peak tourist season. My email correspondence with Trails Beyond, another boutique travel company, suggested Kythnos hiking might suit my needs. What a great recommendation Danae from Traiils Beyond...(see my review of their fabulous saronic sailing cruise in trip advisor). Had the best time hiking, swimming, eating at fab and different restaurants, beautiful accommodation, lovely company: perfect! Nigel was such an attentive host and guide who was really dedicated to ensuring we had a fab holiday. He certainly knew the island reslly well and the best hikes, beaches, restaurants. We also met one of his other guides who is lovely, and had a guest guide, Katerina, who co-wrote the Kythnos hiking trails book with Nigel. Nigel always had interesting tidbits of info to share. I am new to hiking and really appreciated the support i received from nigel and other walkers. I am hooked! I was after views, activity, relaxation, meeting new people as i was travelling solo. A highlight of my 3 and a half week European tour. Bring yourself with an open attitude ready for an authentic Greek island experience and a willingness to try new experiences and you too will love your Kythnos hiking trip.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Had a fabulous week with Kythnos Hiking. Walking around this unspoilt island in the company of Nigel and another walker was the most amazing experience. We visited churches, a ruined castle on the top of a cliff, an archaeological site and the most incredible almost deserted beaches with clear water, bars for refreshments, and time to enjoy. Nigel was a kind, knowledgeable and attentive host. The accommodation in Hora was first class and faultless; we enjoyed lovely meals in local restaurants - all included in the price of the holiday. I can't recommend this holiday highly enough.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

What a disappointment , Nigel Tutt has no idea on how to treat people. The walks were dangerous, one we did and it got dark half way down as he as he put it ‘missed judged ‘ the timing ! We were walking down a mountain using out iPhone light ! One slip and you would break a leg
Another walk we got lost as his guide did not know the way , walking up mike tracks
I would never reccoment this guy
The island was fantastic , Kythnos is an authentic very Greek island with great people and food

Date of experience: August 2018
Nigel T, General Manager at Kythnos Hiking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

My apologies to walkers on our sunset walk to a once-a-year cultural, religious event on a beach. I did misjudge the correct time to start the walk and take full responsibility. It was the first time we have done this particular walk at sunset.
As regards the other walk mentioned by Graham, one of the walkers had health issues and after thought and discussion the guide took the decision for health and safety reasons to turn back with all the walkers.
Health and safety are our paramount concern. We ask walkers to declare their fitness before setting out. Our publicity material outlines the walking difficulty on trails.
Nigel Tutt

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful holiday. What did we appreciate? It’s a long list! First of all, Nigel responded to all questions and concerns really promptly as we booked.Tickets and itinerary arrived as promised and we were met from the ferry. The accommodation was comfortable and spotlessly clean with air conditioning and comfortable beds. We enjoyed the balcony space too. Kythnos is a beautiful island with stunning views of the Aegean, an abundance of wild flowers, picturesque villages and warm, generous and hospitable people. Nigel is a great host. Not only did we enjoy great walking but also finding out about different aspects of life on Kythnos - present and past. (Visits to the honey farm, a start up cheese making business were really interesting.) Nigel was responsive to the needs / wishes of the group and very flexible. At one point in the holiday I developed a foot problem and experienced considerate help and support.
So we highly recommend Kythnos Hiking. Go and enjoy!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for something just that little bit different, this is the holiday for you.
You do not have to be super fit so do not be put off by the word ‘hiking’ as we would describe this holiday as leisurely walks combined with interesting facts, refreshing swims, plenty of wildlife and flowers, wonderful food and lots of fun.
All of the walks were guided by Nigel Tutt and Katerina and the pace is determined around your abilities.
On our particular holiday we were joined by David, a naturalist, who provided an interesting insight into the wildlife and flowers some of which were very rare. Katerina, who is a local on the island, shared her deep knowledge of the history, archaeological site and folklore of Kythnos.
This holiday is the brainchild of Nigel who has an in depth knowledge of many Greek islands but has chosen to settle on Kythnos. He is currently sympathetically renovating two mansion houses into a luxury hotel specialising in walking holidays in the historic village of Dryopida and we hope to visit this when it is completed in 2019.
Nigel has invested heavily in this project and we wish him every success. Nothing was too much trouble for Nigel so blow the cobwebs off you walking boots and give this wonderful experience a go.........you won’t be disappointed

Date of experience: May 2018