“affordable luxury allows you to spend on all the...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AdvTravel...
Cape Town, South Africa
“affordable luxury allows you to spend on all the extras to make a memorable trip”
Reviewed 15 December 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

My only regret is not having sat down sooner to recap the experience I had in George's villa. I was first attracted to his place about 4 months before I arrived, which is when I started planning the trip. I was going to Mykonos to celebrate my 40th birthday. And since I was footing the bill for all of my friends I had to take steps to make sure the budget wasn't going to put me in an early grave.
George's place stood out from the rest because for the style of accommodation and views afforded from the residence, his villas we're priced 30 - 50% less than the competition. But this wasn't enough for me to jump on it. His villa also looked to be far from Mykonos town and I thought that would be a big issue given the scarcity of taxis in Mykonos. So I kept looking, thinking I had plenty of time. I was also looking for a 5 bedroom place, and this villa had 5 beds, but only in 4 bedrooms.
As it became clear there was nowhere that was going to afford as much house for such a low price I decided to figure out how I could deal the property's shortcomings, namely it's distance from town. This is when I learned that George employ's the concierge from the Theoxenia, a notable boutique hotel in Mykonos town, to provide person service in his luxury retreat. Victor, the concierge, became a trusted advisor in making my birthday a time I won't soon forget.
We ended up renting a passenger van, and Victor coordinated a driver who was always just a phone call away when needing to get in and out of town. He also hired a chef, Nick, who did all the shopping, and sat with me on the first day to plan out meals for the entire week. Nick even came with us out on a sunset sail to make out dinner. Which was amazing for us, but not for Nick, who learned that day that he gets sea sick. I don't think poor Nick will ever go out on a boat again.
Towards the end of my stay, George happened to be coming for a few days from Athens with a friend. He invited my entire group over for a Greek BBQ on the day of my actual birthday. He was such a great guy! We had so much fun just eating, drinking, and getting to know some like minded people. It made me feel so incredibly welcome.
If you've read some of my other reviews, you know that I don't gush about any place that I've stayed. I always try to note what was done well as well as point out a property's or hosts' shortcoming. I wan't to aid you in your decision. My stay at George's place though made me change how I think about reviews. Maybe it's just Greek hospitality, or maybe George is really crazy and has no idea how rare of a gem he has, but I hope I can afford another week in one of his villas doing everything exactly the way I spent my birthday. The place is beautiful and comfortable. And with the money you save by staying here, I'd encourage you to spend it on any of the services that Victor can arrange. The difference in price from a villa in town allowed me a chauffeur, massages, and a chef for the entire trip. And the hospitality and service provided by George, Victor, and Nick, what can I say, truly world-class.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the bedroom and pool
Liked least: The mosquitos of Mykonos
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
18 Dec 2014
Dear Chad,

Thank you for you review. It makes me really proud to know that you had such a great time.

It will be my pleasure to host you again and BBQ for you again..!!
You made my day on your birthday..!!

Come again anytime...

George Zachopoulos
Florencio...
Beijing, China
“Best Place to Celebrate 50 or any occasion!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We traveled to Greece to celebrate the 50th birthday of 3 of the guests and could not have had a better vacation. The Rocky retreat Villa was a 5 minute walk from the sea but we were happy to just lounge in the scenic pool. The owner George was most gracious and hospitable and had us over to his home for a cookout. He has taken great care to hire the best staff. Victor, his conierge will make sure you have all the information you need to make the most of your time in Mykanos. He will recommend the best restaurants and when you arrive to dine, they will give you excellent service because Victor sent you there. George the Grillmaster will cook you a better meal than ant restaurant and his wife Vera will leave the villa spotless for your pleasure. She is so silent and efficient, you will not even notice her working if you happen to be in the villa. I have have traveled to several countries and have stayed in highly recommended villas rented on Air B&B and this experience has been the best to date!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: architecture and location
Liked least: one bath shared for two of the bedrooms
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;