“Good hotel and nice position” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naxos Imperial Resort & Spa

Naxos Imperial Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 125 Hotels in Naxos
NY
“Good hotel and nice position”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I spent one week in this hotel and I think it’s pretty good!

The room are new and the cleanup of rooms, pool and common spaces is great!the only thing is that is forbidden to trash hygienic paper down the WC….

The pool is big and the overview from there is very good!
The hotel is 200-300 meters from the best beach of the island that is great!there is also an hotel agreement for 2 sunbeds and a beach umbrella for 5 euros per day.
Moreover it's near both Agios Prokopios (third beach of all Greece) and Chora that is the biggest city in the island.
The hotel beach is very small and full of algas and the services are very poor: no shower, no bar, no facilities.

I was there with the all inclusive package and it can be improved: out of the lunch/dinner it’s mandatory to ask for drink to the bar (it means queue in specific times).
The food is good, both Italian and greek dishes.

There is the possibility to rent a car/moto/scooter to be delivered directly in the hotel.
The reception staff is very kind and helpful!

It’s a good hotel and it was a very good holiday (also because naxos is amazing!), but it’s not a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Munich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

I made a mistake in booking this hotel; it was not what I was looking for on this trip.
I have a Greek background; so when I travel to Greece - I do so to experience GREECE for all it has to offer. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to my hotel and there was an Italian flag flying at the entrance.
My disappointment continued when I spoke to the ladies at Reception in Greek and their response was that they could not speak Greek.
Don't get me wrong - the staff were very polite and always helpful (to the best of their ability). Pros and Cons are as follows:

PROS:
- Facilities: Brand new hotel - very clean with an amazing pool area.
- Location: Very close to one of the best beaches Agios Prokopios
- Staff: They were always polite and helpful to the best of their abillity

CONS:
- Location: Too far from the bus stop so I was forced to catch a taxi whenever I needed to go anywhere. When I asked the hotel staff whether there was an alternative method to get around; they said only taxis or rental of a car or quad bike
- Service/staff: Although the staff was always polite; as I mentioned earlier they were not Greek. So no-one was able to provide me with recommendations on places to go and things to do. At least nothing that was not already on a tourist brochure. There was a concert going on in Naxos during my stay that I wanted to go to, so I asked the hotel to assist me in getting a ticket. Their response was that they did not know and that I should go into town and figure it out. I was surprised with this response. I was surprised to hear this from a 5-star htel. I would expect that they would at least offer to find something out for me.
- Restaurant: There was no a-la-carte available. On a late arrival I asked for some food to be brought to my hotel. I was told that it was not possible and that I should go to the buffet and choose something for myself. No-one had any idea what to do for me. It was all very unorganized and alittle embarrassing. I went to the buffet and noted that there was a lot of pasta, lasagne etc. But there was not much Greek food. Eventually I spotted some Dolmades and a Greek salad and I took some of this to my roome. Disappointed continued when I asked for a bottle of white wine; the barman told me there was only red or rose. Disappointment continued through to breakfast - not the best options for breakfast. At least not as compared to my other 5-star standards.
- Services: No transfer available to hotel and taxi drivers were hesitant to take me all the way to Stelida (actual location - it is not in Agios Prokopios). No room service. No phone directory in the hotel room. No facilities guidelines/descriptions of hotel and services.

A new hotel that needs some experience under it's belt before I can recommend it. Aesthetically beautiful hotel. But I was (overall) disappointed with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ck1106
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naxos
Penelope Village
#3 of 59 in Naxos Town
Plaza Beach Hotel
Plaza Beach Hotel
#3 of 7 in Plaka

Been to Naxos Imperial Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!