“I heart Iria Beach!”

Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Naxos
Silver Spring MD
“I heart Iria Beach!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is a long overdue review of my experience at the Iria Beach Art Hotel. But what it lacks in timing, I hope I'll make up for by raving about just how great it was.

I visited Naxos as a solo female traveler in early September 2012. I had corresponded via email with Maria at the hotel a few times in advance of my arrival, and she had arranged a cab for me at the ferry. Once at the Iria Beach, I was greeted with a hug from Maria as well as an upgrade to a second floor room with a balcony. Everything was clean, light, airy and quiet. Just lovely.

I stayed four days and wish I'd planned to stay longer. Each day I walked to a different beach and parked my [--] under an umbrella and just relaaaaaxed. One thing that would have been great if the Iria Beach had umbrellas on their little spot of beach - because you can't sit there without some shade.

There's a grocery store on the block behind the hotel where you can buy what you need to stock the refrigerator in the room. Buses run on that same road into Naxos town where you visit the shops and walk up to the ruins at the arch.

Maria and Poppi (?) were so gracious. And the breakfasts each morning were fresh, homemade and varied (not the same stuff trotted out each morning).

Travelling alone always means thinking through some additional steps - but the Iria Beach was a perfect choice for me, and I felt well taken care of throughout my stay. I will definitely be back, hopefully same time this year. I hated leaving!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
South Africa
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel was incredible. Brand new rooms with every convenience needed. Free WiFi and the staff were so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was great as well. Really cannot fault anything about this hotel. Its on the best beach on Naxos as well :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DebbeChristy
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the iria beach for six nights and had a wonderful time, especially because of the fantastic staff. The breakfast lady as well as both the front office managers went out of their way to make us feel welcome and did way more than they had to. Thanks. Keep up the good work :)

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Biegelcolanis
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We were travelling when we booked this hotel so did it very quickly, so we were a bit anxious of what we would get. Well what a lovely surprize! Not far from the port via a taxi. We were upgraded from original room which was cheaper as the season was winding down, however we were shown the cheaper room which was lovely just not as nice a location (but still OK). So we were very happy! The room had a large bed, and was very nicely decorated. The bathroom was also very nice, with large walk in shower. The beach is literally a few steps away and has a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel from which you can order drinks etc to your lounger. It was very relaxing and quiet (although as stated probably because it was at the end of the season) There are a few restaurants to choose from and there are plently more hidden around corners if you walk either way. Its not a noisy/party type area just nice and relaxing for couples and familes.
From just looking at the building I imagine some rooms on the upper floor would have a lovely view of the beach however those on the other side would see the road (quiet) and scrapy back area. Although I imagine this would be the same in most places in this area as it is only one building deep back from the beach so all thats behind you is the road and view of mountains.
You often read in reviews of friendly staff who are so nice and helpful and then when you get there you wonder whats happned to all the nice people... not so here! They were really lovely! And just try to say no the lovely lady at breakfast when offered a slice of homemade cake! Why would you its delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for one on beach side.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MWIG
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I spent a few days at this hotel in September as part of our honeymoon and we were overwhelmed by the amazing customer service, the stunning surroundings and the overall experience. The staff there were fantastic - some of the loveliest, most helpful and warmest people we met on our travels, and really made our experience wonderful. The price is fantastic for what you get - a beautiful room, great beach and tasty and filling breakfast. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a trip to Naxos!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked Iria Boutique Hotel in Sept 2012. We were slightly disappointed when we arrived to see we had a twin room. The lovely lady who showed us to our room explained it was the last room available and that a free double matress would be put on in the afternoon, "no problem". It got done and we did feel a lot better about our room.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. The shower is excellent. The hotel is in a fantastic location about 15 meters from the beach.
The service at the Iria is impeccable. It's a family run business and it really shows. They cant do enough to help out. Everything at breakfast is homemade and they are very proud of it and for good reason. Great pastries and yoghurt. Eggs and bacon is also good which is kind of rare for Greece.
All up a fine hotel I would definitely recommend.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravellingPeteB
athens greece
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Iria Beach Art hotel is a very luxurus hotel 10 meters from the beach of Agia Anna .
We loved the service of the hotel is excellent !!The breakfast is very tasty with homemade pies e=very day different !Our room is very spacy and luxurious !We enjoed the private veranda so much !
The beach in front of Iria is perfect but very crowded till late night .
Perfect place for families .
We wish to be there on June instead of August to enjoy the calm and the sea!

Room Tip: We suggest to choose N.52 , 57 55 , OR 51 spacious, comfortable, with nice sea view and perfect de...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple