“Great Value, Friendly Staff”
Review of Camara Hotel

Camara Hotel
Ranked #24 of 122 Hotels in Naxos
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here during our greek island hopping trip. It is a great hotel in a good location which offered good value. The hotel is situated about 5 mins walk from the main beach on Naxos. Stavros the manager was very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome from the start. We opted to have breakfast in the hotel and it was very nice. It had fresh ingredients and is good choice.

The room we had was clean, spacious and comfortable with an AC and a balcony. The only thing I could fault is that the mattress was a bit hard for me but this is down to preference. Naxos itself is a great island and definitely worth a visit and this hotel is surely a good place to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
camarast, Manager at Camara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review. we would like to inform you that hotel Camara from summer season 2014 has renovate all rooms with new services, new mattress by Elite strom and pillow menu by coco-mat.We will be glad to see you again in the future in our hotel!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed at the Camara Hotel for three nights whilst island-hopping. Warm welcome from Stavros and very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and style of the accommodation, especially given how cheap it is! Small balcony with view towards the sea, lovely (if windy) roof terrace to watch the sun go down.

Short walk (10 minutes) to the lovely beach at Agios Prokopios. Naxos town a 20 minute bus away although they're not always that frequent and somewhat overcrowded so better to rent a car.

Only complaint is the hardness of the beds which must have been sourced from a prison-outfitter - so hard I woke up aching.

Otherwise this place is unbeatable for the money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. we would like to inform you that hotel Camara from summer season 2014 has high speed internet connection all over the hotel. Also we have renovate all of our rooms with new services, new mattress by Elite strom and pillow menu by coco-mat.We will be glad to see you again in the future in our hotel!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The staff was very friendly, helpful and patient with all matters at hand. The rooms where nice, clean, spacey and cheap. A breakfast with tasty local products was available for an extra charge. With a few words: The best accommodation in Greece we have stayed at!

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked Camara Hotel for a week on a small budget. So, was VERY pleasantly surprised to find a gorgeous, spotlessly clean, nicely decorated, air conditioned room with a balcony overlooking the sea, access to a fab pool just across the road, and a shared roof terrace looking one way to the ocean and the other to the mountains. Divine!

We had breakfast at the hotel a couple of times and it's great that it's all local produce. The homemade cherry jam is as good as many others have commented - try it at least once.

Precopios Beach is an easy walk and if you fancy a wander, it doesn't take long to get to Aghia Anna/Plaka on foot, but you can also hire ATVs/scooters to zip around the island, which I'd recommend doing at least one day anyway. A bus passes right by the hotel if you'd prefer to use public transport. Precopios in September seemed quite sleepy - it was perfect for the kind of holiday we were seeking, but might not suit those looking for nightlife and busy beaches.

A couple of suggestions for the hotel:
- There was no kettle/cups in the room but when I asked, Stavros provided this with no dramas. But, I would imagine most guests would appreciate having this facility available automatically.
- The beds are pretty hard. Mattress toppers would make such a difference.
- When I arrived, I didn't really know where to go/how to get around - it would be very helpful if there was a brief intro to the area/buses/local map, wifi details etc as I had to come back to ask a number of questions probably common to most new guests.

But, these are comments for improvement, not complaints... the place really is splendid and we had a lovely holiday.

Also, I recommend the day tour "Jason" which sails around South Naxos stopping at various nice swimming spots. The BBQ lunch on the boat was very nice and it was just a wonderful day out really. Well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. we would like to inform you that hotel Camara from summer season 2014 has high speed internet connection all over the hotel. Also we have renovate all of our rooms with new services, kettle/cups, new mattress by Elite strom and pillow menu by coco-mat.We will be glad to see you again in the future in our hotel!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have just returned from staying at this beautiful little hotel. I originally booked for one night, thinking that I would look around for something that I liked better. From the moment I saw it, I loved it. I ended up staying for 15 days. On previous trips to Naxos I have always stayed in Chora, but in the future this hotel would definitely be my top choice. It is spotless and well maintained. The rooms are spacious, much larger than most others I have seen. My covered balcony overlooked the hotel across the road where I could sit and listen to the lovely, soft music being played. The roof terrace is a great place to sit in the evening and watch the sunset. Stavros and Popi are treasures, so friendly and willing to help in any way. The fruit from the family orchard was so delicious. What you see in the internet pictures, is just what you get, which is not always the case.

The buses to Chora and Plaka in the other direction stop practically outside the door. The beautiful long beach are just a short and easy walk away. Even though the hotel is quiet, the restaurants of the town are only a short walk away. I walked to Chora, Agia Anna and Plaka. If you don't like walking you may not want to do this, but since there are buses you don't need to.

I would definitely not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my partner whilst on an island hopping trip, and wished we had stayed for longer. Stavros is incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful (which all sounds very generic and fake but I cannot stress this more through words alone). The beach is a short, pleasant walk away, we got a lovely terrace with the room, and the facilities were always spotless and well maintained. Agios Prokopios isn't the nicest village, but staying here is worth it for the beautiful beach (best we saw of all the islands) and the easy reach to other places via bus. If I went to a greek island again, I would go to Naxos, and I would be definitely be staying at Camara hotel! I just can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

the hotel offers excellent accommodation, nice view and fantastic hospitality. The visit to Camara hotel was a very pleasant experience and we had a wonderful time there. The rooms were spacious, clean and they had a beautiful view.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple