“Great place, friendly owner”
Review of Camara Hotel

Ranked #23 of 122 Hotels in Naxos
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Camara for 3 nights. The rooms are spacious, bright and clean and the owner was extremely accommodating, friendly and warm. When I go back to Naxos I will definitely stay at that hotel.

The town is really cute, small but not boring, with great options for all sorts of activities and food. The beach nearby is also great, one of the best on the island. I would definitely recommend this place.

It was my first time in Naxos and I was amazed with how beautiful the island is. Prices are for food and drinks are more than reasonable especially for the quality and level of service. Everyone we met on the island was warm, kind and friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VasTim
camarast, Διευθυντής at Camara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I would like to thank you for your review on behalf of Camara Hotel Team.
It was our pleasure to accommodate you at our hotel and we are glad to hear that your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 5 nights at Camara hotel and loved it. Modern, clean hotel and room with a nice balcony. As others have mentioned, Stavros is one of the reasons that a stay in this hotel is so enjoyable. He's always on hand with advice and to make phone calls for local services if needed. Just a short walk to little town and wonderful beach. Everyone is so friendly here. Also plenty of restaurants and bars, which in June weren't too busy. Our favourite taverna was the one just across the road which got really busy in the evenings but the staff always managed to squeeze you in. Traditional Greek food at very good prices. We would thoroughly recommend staying at the Camara hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We are grandparents traveling with our 12 yo grandson and spent the last 4 nights of a 3 week European adventure on Naxos at The Camara Hotel. We had arranged adjoining rooms as the price was so very good and reviews excellent. We greatly enjoyed our stay in nicely appointed rooms with balcony and garden views, each with comfortable beds and ample shower stalls. Stavros was extremely helpful as was evening manager Stafis, his brother-in-law. Sophia, served delicious simple breakfasts that included home-made jams, cheese and meats, hard boiled eggs, delicious yogurt with honey and cereals, all served in a sheltered open air upstairs dining area. Friendly and efficient Poppy the housekeeper kept rooms bright and tidy.

A huge plus for this property is the management's close relationship with its upscale next door neighbor the Lagos Mare and it's gourmet restaurant and bar. We spent long hours there when not at the sea, swimming and taking drinks and snacks at reasonable prices. The Lagos Mare also projects quiet movies and the World Cup when dark on its high pool wall, visible from many Camara balconies. Pray that the trees separating the two properties don't grow too high!

Our only relative disappointments, shared with Stavros during our stay, was the unavailability of the "side ocean view" room we were promised and the greater-than-350 meter walk to the shore. But to be fair, neither of these was of importance as the sea, being more like 800 meters away, is but a glimpse from the best balconies (see our lean-out photo) and one needs a car or motor bike to see Naxos anyway. So no big deal. (Karadatsis Car Rental was EXCELLENT; I indicated to managers Irini and Anneta that we preferred an older model car with a few dents and, for 25 euros a day which included necessary insurance, we picked up our slightly used Chevy at 6 pm and kept it for 4 nights for a total cost of 75 euros. This included a complimentary ride to the ferry on departure compliments of Mr. Karadatsis. Wow!)

We recommend the Camara/Lagos Mare!

Tom, Linda and Justin
Colorado

Room Tip: SE facing upper rooms are super and morning sun was indirect The 6 euro each cost for breakfast is a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
camarast, Διευθυντής at Camara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Reviewed 26 June 2014

as we have been several times in Naxos, we know this Island very well (also several Hotels).
this one is really one of the nicest small Hotels we have ever been. Only 12 lovely, modern rooms makes the stay perfect. the rooms and Hotel are very clean and modern. Stavros, the Hotel Manager was very friendly and helpful and we felt immediately at home and welcome.
the distance to Naxos Chora is about 10 minutes by car or Bus, to the beach Agios Prokopios around 5 min. to walk. As we come every year to Naxos, we will stay in this Hotel for sure the next time.
Thank you Stavros for this perfect stay and hope to be back very soon (of course with "Schnuff" :-) )

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Petroli
camarast, Διευθυντής at Camara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

:-) I would like to thank you for your review on behalf of Camara Hotel Team.
It was our pleasure to accommodate you at our hotel and we are glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and memorable.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We are about to check out of the Camara after a three-night stay. I can't imagine a more pleasant visit! Stavros made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived and our room was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. In some previous reviews it was mentioned that the mattresses were too firm (which we've noticed is par for the course in Greece)-- these have been replaced and we found the new mattresses and pillows very comfortable!
Breakfast is served on a quiet open-air room. We couldn't get enough of the wonderful yogurt and cherry preserves!
The nearby beach (Agios Prokopios) is beautiful with lots of little cafés. We bought beer for the beach at the little convenience store near the beach front and then Naxian wine there to enjoy in the evenings on the lovely rooftop terrace here at the hotel. Just perfect, easy, and relaxing!
One last tip- there's an interesting taverna just along the path on the shortcut from the hotel to the beach. We popped in on a slow night and the woman running the place could not have been friendlier. She didn't speak English, and of course we are clueless in Greek, but she was warm and friendly and showered us with treats and hospitality.
I could go on for days about how much we loved Naxos and our stay here at Camara- do yourself a favor and plan a visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had a wonderful time in Naxos staying in Camara Hotel!the beach was not too close but it was not so far from hotel, but let's be honest: Saint Prokopios beach deserves anything!!! We appreciated the fact that we were allowed to swim in 'Lagos Mare Hotel' swimming pool. The rooms are well decorated, simple but delightful. Stavros, the manager, was very kind but although he gave us some advice on food restaurants, he told us that some of them were touristic frauds(so why did you give them?). The cleaning lady was far from gentle and kind, but she couldn't run the whole cleaning process herself. Although the rooms were swept and mopped everyday, some details like, the furniture or the light switches were filthy and black from the dirt! I cleaned them myself with antibacterial lotion!Also, I thought that 6 euros per person for breakfast(we didn't choose it) was somewhat expensive, it wasn't even a bouffet!Finally, the previous reviews were right: the matresses were HARD!!!The whole experience was very good, these are just some suggestions for improvement!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicolekyr
camarast, Διευθυντής at Camara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review! It is very important for us to know your opinion about our hotel so we can improve our services! I would like to inform you that hotel Camara from summer season 2014 has new mattress by Elite strom, pillow menu by coco mat and a lot of new services!
We really hope to welcome you again at Camara hotel in the future.

Camara hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

only stayed for four nights in June 2013, so good I have booked seven nights for this year. I still have to pinch myself when I look at the costs. Stavros is the most helpful and efficient hotelier that I have met in all my years of travel, he is a genuinely nice guy for example I arrived at 10am in the morning to many apoloiges that my room wasn't ready and was given iced water and a plate of apricots, the room was ready 30 miuntes later, I can think of many hotels where I would have been asked to come back in a couple of hours. Spotlessly clean thoughout with very good breakfasts, the cherry jam is amazing and I don't really have a sweet tooth. I should also mention that the swimming pool that can be used across the road is very good and the staff at the pool bar are very pleasant. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo