“Great experience”
Review of Albatross Hotel

Albatross Hotel
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Paros
Reviewed 28 May 2012

One of the best places to stay in Paros. Only 5 minutes walk from the closest beach. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and the service is very good also. It's very quiet place great for relaxation. Reasonable prices, highly reccommended!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erjon L

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed in albatross more than five times and I am planning to be there again the forthcoming June! Paros and hotel itself has been significantly changed since the first time I visited it back in the summer of 1992; however, staff professionalism and kindness are still there for you, people are smiling and always helpful! The rooms are traditionally decorated and in pleasant colours and there is service in daily basis. But my favourite part is the pool bar: inspired cocktails, ice coffee, chill-out music, fun by the pool, sunbath, reviewing on what we'have done the previous day and what to do next!
Location...location...location: The first and most important factor to consider when I am about to book a room! Logaras is a small village ideal for resting, there is a sandy beach and the sea is one of the cleanest in Paros! At the same time, it is only 5 minutes walking to Punda beach (famous beach bar) and 10-15 minutes’ drive to Naousa (the main center of the island), Chrysi Akti (watersports) and lovely -but relatively not famous- beaches like "Lolantonis" and "Faraggas"!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank bill k
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The people at the hotel were very polite and hospitable and the location was good, just a few meters away from the nearest beach. However the quality of the rooms was poor for what we paid. Although clean, our room's bathroom and shower was so small you couldn't avoid having the shower curtain right on you every time you showered. The bathroom plumbing smelled badly because of its age and the bathroom door didn't open well, because of the location of the sink. Breakfast was from 8-10 which we found too early since people (especially Greeks) wake up late when on holiday and when once I asked to just take my coffee to my room, they politely "allowed" me to, but had to show me out of the breakfast room from the back door, so that the rest of the guests wouldn't ask for that too. Perhaps for half the rate we paid...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine K
salbatross, Manager at Albatross Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Mrs Catherine K
First of all I would like to thank you for posting your review and letting us know your concerns.
I was surprised reading it though as I believe that it does not depict the reality.
Prior to your booking a relative of yours visited our property, having an onsite inspection. During this visit she had the chance to enter a standard double room which was similar to the one you have stayed in. The facilities, dimensions and layout of the room/bathroom as well as the room rate were well known to you before your arrival, even before confirming your reservation.
Regarding the bad smell that may come from bathroom siphons, and definitely not from plumbing, I truly apologize for the annoyance that this may have caused to you and for the fact that this matter has skipped our attention.
We are constantly working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. On the other hand I need to mention that we do clean all siphons at the beginning of each season and whenever our housekeepers bring such problems to my attention. We would have taken immediate care of this issue if you had mentioned it during your stay here.
As regards to if the bathroom door was opening well, allow me please to rephrase it and say that it was not opening “fully”. Apologies, this is a matter of construction... Stll, moving in the bathroom remains intact
Breakfast is served from 8am until 10am trying to satisfy the holiday schedule of both our local and foreign clientele. For those wishing to sleep more there is always the option of the pool bar offering snacks and beverages, opening right after breakfast time.
We think that small gestures as the one you described would be appreciated. Breakfast is served in the breakfast area as in all hotels and usually cutlery stays there. We cannot afford having 80 cups, plates etc spread around in rooms. The “back door” is another entrance to breakfast room and moreover the closest one to your room.
All above mentioned minor issues would have been easily resolved by me personally and our staff if only they were adressed during your 5 days stay here. Surely we could have found a room with bigger bathroom, cleaned the siphon(if smelling) etc. to meet all your expectations.
Sincerely
Stella Logaridou

Reviewed 24 June 2010

I concur with all other positive reviews .A delightful clean hotel with little extras such as sweets in room.Brochure pics do not do justice to the place The gardens are now mature and the loungers have been upgraded.The hotel now has a classier look to it .A great area for well priced tavernas etc,good beaches and interesting walks.My most effusive praise is for Greek Sun who despite problems with BA strikes were able to make all arrangements without any hassle. I will use them again.Even the taxi drivers praise them.WELL DONEIf you can arrangei t pop over to Antiparos and go on Alexandros Island Cruise It was the best I,ve been on ,It also leaves from Punta at 10 in the morning.Well worth na taxi drive

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank jonesyneath
Reviewed 14 June 2010

..i wasn't really ready to go on a holiday this May.. After struggling at work, believe me, the only thing that I really wished for is 'the comfort of my own home', 'ya know, the good old sitting around, perhaps consuming icy cold beers and practically doing close to nothing.. But, no in my case!, since my fixed-minded beloved girlfriend, insisted on going to Paros island with me and as it always happens, before I even know it, I'm finding myself holding hands at the island, at some hotel, called Albatross! ..Now the good side of the story: Within the first moments of my staying I realized this is the best hotel, at this price level, that I have even being! It was like owning the most beautiful house on earth. Was it the view, was it the extremely clean bedroom and bathroom, was it the pool that was blending in with the sea in the background, was it the cocktail bar that also serves good espresso, o was it the friendly character of Stella, the wonder woman who is responsible for all this beauty? I don't know, but I can definitely tell you that I'll be back again, when I get the feeling that I need to switch off and find again the time to rediscover the pleasures of life!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donkey2010
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Since our first visit back in 2007, we've been to Albatross already three times and that says it all!!! Every time, from the moment we arrive, the stuff and especially Stella the manager make us feel special and welcome as if it was our first time. They are very friendly, warm, helpful and always available to discuss any requests or provide assistance. Wonderful people indeed. The rooms are very tidy, clean, with a good taste of decoration and have always been more than accommodating for my wife and my two young children too.

Although there is no restaurant for lunch or dinner, the breakfast makes up for it with the variety of choice and its amazing views from the veranda. The pool is wonderful and the surrounding area very relaxing and quite to enjoy a coffee, a tea or a cold drink at the pool bar. All that makes for a peaceful stay and an almost guaranteed good night's sleep.

Closeby there a beautiful and clean beach with crystal clear blue waters and a good variety of local greek restaurants and cosy bars to spend your evening.

All in all, Albatross is an excellent choice, highly recommended for everyone and especially for couples or families.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Maoux
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Having been to Paros a few times before, I must say that the best stay was at the Albatross Bungalows situated in Piso Livadi. The rooms and view are a dream, the enviroment is exactly spot on. Breakfast is served with an unlimited view of the Aegean sea. The pool and the surrounding gardens are also amazing and relaxing. Even the area is amazing since it combines Pounta beach for partying just a 5 min walk away, as well as many other beaches within a 4 km radious that offer a variety of water sports and beach sports. Authentic Greek tavernas are within walking distance where you can enjoy your ouzo with a nice meze with the sea literally at your feet! The management is excellent, which seems to have forseen all aspects of a perfect vacation in terms of transportation, relaxation and activities. Just cant wait to spend another summer vacation there....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple