“Art is individual but....”
Review of Aegean Designs

Aegean Designs
Ranked #110 of 158 things to do in Santorini
More attraction details
Owner description: Aegean Designs is home for the work of textile artist Allison Ermogenis. Art classes available year round and all work is for sale through thestudio. Authentic Hand Made gifts and art pieces made on Santorini...keeping it local.
Valby, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Art is individual but....”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Walked passed this place in Fira, and decided to enter and see some local art. I was deeply disappointed. To me the stuff sold here is fast and easy art, made only to sell to tourist that doesnt know better. Aprons and pillows are sold with fast splash paint on them for ridiculous high prices. Some of the pictures painted are okay, even nice, but again the prices are way over the target! And then i dont like that they call the art and gift for unique, when clearly there is a huge production of art in very similar style and look! All of this in combination made me choose to leave the place without buying anything and trying to find local art else where.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Kasper B

Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unique gifts and quaint taste of Santorini”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stumbled upon this gallery on our walk from our villa into Fira. The beautiful bougainvillea draws you into the courtyard. Allison was out there painting while we shopped. Her hand painted pillow covers, wine bottle sleeves, tea towels and aprons were something so colorful and very unusual. I found nothing like them anywhere on the island! Although they were a bit "spendy", I was thrilled with the items I did purchase! Each time I see them in my home, it brings me back to Santorini! This is not only a quaint shop, but an authentic experience not to be missed!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amy O
Aix-en-Provence, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely little private gallery and shop”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beautiful hand-painted designs on Greek cotton aprons, napkins, tea towels etc., but unfortunately, in our opinion, rather overpriced (aprons from 35 to 50 euro, for example).

Visited June 2014
Randolph, Vermont
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unique and Beautiful-Aegean Designs”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Aegean Designs is a must during your visit on this beautiful island. Allison captures the beauty and color in her unique hand painted designs.
We got to meet and chat with Allison as she was painting in her garden. There are a variety of products to choose from for a special gift or for your own home.
Allison is truly a talented and creative artist.
We will be back!

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“You MUST visit! Beautiful, original and authentic products!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Aegean Designs studio is fantastic, the colour, the products and the atmosphere are simply perfect. Inspired by Santorini’s incredible and picturesque beauty, artist Alison Ermogenis, creates ‘original’ pieces of art, hand painted and sold in her studio. In her studio she sells lifestyle products as well as paintings.

Having read the great reviews on trip advisor and heard fantastic things about Aegean Designs, I was looking forward to visiting Aegean Designs while in Santorini. I was blown away by Aegean Designs, it surpassed all my expectations. First the studio is beautiful, the colour is enchanting and the products are beautiful, original pieces of art. Not only is Alison a fantastic artist, she was by far the friendliest and warmest person we met in Santorini; taking to her about her products and the studio and seeing how passionate she was about her work was inspiring.

If you are in Santorini, Aegean Designs is a must, I can not speak highly enough of it! It was such a welcome change from all the shops on the island selling mass produced donkeys!!! Aegean Designs philosophy is 'memories and gifts should not be mass produced' inspiring and so true! All of Aegean Designs products are hand painted in Aegean Designs courtyard, watching Alison paint was mesmerising... she is one talented lady. Her products are therefore unique, authentic and original, they are sourced and produced locally, benefiting Santorini's local industry. So if you are going to purchase anything in Santorini make sure you purchase it from Aegean Designs.

Thank you so much Alison, loved the studio and the products that I bought home with me! Simply beautiful, and wonderful reminders of a fantastic trip!

Visited May 2014