“Great gallery”

Art of the Loom Gallery
Ranked #80 of 152 things to do in Santorini
More attraction details
Owner description: The setting that Gallery Art of the loom is located in was built in 1866 and was originally used as a winery serving the needs of the local society for wine production. After the great earthquake of 1956 the building remained untouched until 2010 when we renovated it and maintained intact the traditional cycladic architecture.Today the Gallery houses some of the best works by many well-known Greek artists which include oil paintings, jewelry, ceramics, glass and bronze creations and many others.In our opinion we have created an actual place of art, so enjoy!!!
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I highly recommend this wonderful gallery. We received absolutely excellent customer service. The gallery is full of wonderful hand-made Greek art, artifacts and jewellery. While there are some "not so honest" shop owners in Greece I can assure Trip Advisor followers that William, the owner of Art of the Loom, is 100% reputable and reliable.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Janinecullen123

• Greek first
Lantau Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Warm and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I find when travelling somewhere new, everything is an experience to savour. Some are more invigorating than others and Art of the Loom was just that for me. When I came across the quaint blue entrance, I couldn't walk past. Mary and her glass work were equally as beautiful and complemented each other. I was looking for something different as souvenirs for my grown sons and the 3 different coloured ash trays were perfect for their personalities. The magnificent plate for myself, has pride of place in our home. It wasn't about the shopping for me, but a wonderful experience in such a beautiful part of the world and meeting such a warm, interesting and friendly local girl.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank redhome
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“my opinion on art of the loom gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Congratulations for the new gallery, you’ve done an excellent job! We visit Santorini every summer and we were amazed to see this beautiful building renovated and reopened, bravo! We were looking for decoration for our home and found an exceptional sculpture made of glass, wood and aluminum.
We’ve had a really pleasant conversation with the owners, God bless Will and his lovely wife Mary, don’t stop creating! The sweet wine we were offered was superb too!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank j_smith61
Gyor, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

After I’ve passed the cable car station and walked towards Imerovigli on the cliffside (caldera) I’ve found this unique gallery. It’s a must see, a really great shop!
A mystic cave turned into a fascinating place of art. I’ve seen there everything an art lover can imagine, marvelous glass and bronze ornaments, ceramic puppets, jewellery and some really awesome paintings.

The staff is kind and not pushy at all. I’ve just bought a small gift for 8 euros, but had all their attention. I’ve been even given a quick glass-making lesson, all in perfect English.

It’s also a recommended place for the cycladic architecture lovers and a cool, refreshing shelter from the burning sun.

Visited October 2011