“Fabulous way to see the Island”
Review of Your Greek Friend

Your Greek Friend
Ranked #68 of 171 Tours in Santorini
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Greek Friend is a "rent a friend service" that offers private tours carefully tailored to suit your interests and desires. Make your own schedule or choose from our enchanting interludes infused with exquisite moments and the charm and elegance of the simple pleasures of island life. As your Greek Friend we will suggest a personalised itinerary based on unique, cool and charming places to visit, designed to fit your personal interests. In the same friendly caring and relaxed manner, as your friends do, when you go to visit them, offering a more intimate experience, filled with great fun and entertainment. Spending your holiday with a local friend is about living the places and their true essence, while enjoying the spirit and warmth of the people and their culture. With Your Greek Friend you will find the safety and comfort of a private tour together with the freedom to make your own schedule. Your Greek Friend offers the reassuring knowledge, confidence and essential insight that will guide you on a memorable journey, allowing you to relax and free your senses to truly enjoy each moment to the fullest. Our Rent a Friend service is currently available in the island of Santorini in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish as well as Greek. At the end Your Greek Friend will be pleased to offer you a digital album of our time together so you can share with your family and friends back home.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

What a delight!!! Ruth and Dimitris were knowledgeable, personal and SO friendly. They made our one day cruise stop a day we will never forget. The tour was well organized and both were well spoken and beyond enthusiastic! It felt like two relatives were showing us the island. Setting up the tour was easy via their website and Ruth was right on time to pick us up at the Fira cable car area. We saw the whole island and were back in pleanty of time to get back to our boat. I highly recommend their tour services.

2  Thank Pammie667

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Ruth and Dimitri, thank you both for the first-class service you both provided us! I can't stop talking to my friends and colleagues back home about you both and the pleasant surprise you gave us when you took us to a local village church celebrating St. Chrisopher's day. What a wonderful way to start our tour mingling with the locals. Top class! We thorougly enjoyed the varied sights, interesting facts and some tips on how to travel on our own. Thanks to you, we found our way back to Oia again and tried the eateries that you had recommended. You are right, the food was really good and reasonably priced. Thank you both very much.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Prior to visiting Santorini, I read many reviews for various private tour organizations and "Your Greek Friend" caught my eye...the name says it all! Ruth and Dimitris are amazing! Extremely friendly, flexible and accomodating throughout our entire tour. I was traveling with my two sons (ages 16 and 6) and wanted a tour that would incoroprate activities/sites that both would enjoy.....Ruth and Dimitris delivered without fail! We wanted a relaxed and "go with the flow" approach to our island tour and that is exactly what Ruth and Dimitris provided.....not to mention the incredible knowledge and details they shared as we traveled from one destination to the next.....history, environment, culture, economics, weather, trivia....etc. Ruth and Dimitris's passion and love of Santorini was expressed in all we encountered with them during our tour! It really was hard to say "good-bye" when our tour ended and we parted ways.....but Ruth and Dimitris provided me and my sons with beautiful and lasting memories of Santorini!

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The decision to choose Greek Friends, Ruth and Demetris, as our tour guides was truly our "Cherry on Top" in Santorini! The were very warm and personable from the beginning, it was as if we were meeting up with old friends. Every moment of our personalized tour was truly amazing. We saw more than we planned and Ruth and Demetris's generosity went above and beyond our expectations! Ruth is a sweetheart. When I was having trouble with my camera, Ruth let me use hers. Demetris took pictures of us with his personal camera. At times we felt like we were at a photo shoot! We had so much fun together. It was not your typical tour, but one with great conversation as we shared a portion of our lives with one another. They were such a memorable blessing to our vacation, we will never forget!
Janice & Kyle

2  Thank Kyle I
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spectacular visit seeing Santorini through Ruth & Demetris's eyes. They were so warm & friendly - felt like we were on a tour with the family. What a day - we saw so much and enjoyed everything! Hope to see them again someday when we visit Santorini again.

2  Thank MANATEEGLEE