“Efficient, comfortable. An easy Crete-Santorini transfer”
Review of SeaJets

SeaJets
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took the ferry from Heraklion to Santorini.

Although the weather resulted in us arriving 35/minutes late and including some lightish rolling en route, this was of course totally outwith Sea Jets Control.

Otherwise our trip could not be faulted and was several notches more enjoyable and efficient than the flight alternatives we experienced, Heraklion airport being particularly chaotic.....

Check in on the ferry was very straightforward with clear instructions where to store luggage before being “checked” in. Based on our experience best place to store is the furthest from boarding as it’s easiest to access on exit. Taxis can drive you directly to the ferry boarding area making baggage management very easy.

You can retain any ‘Hand’ luggage you can manage for the duration.

We chose Platinum Class for a small premium which provided extra space, more comfortable seats and a quieter environment. In essence the difference is as between business and economy flying albeit at significantly less cost differential.

Our travel experience was very good and as a result I’m somewhat surprised at the majority of TA comments posted although clearly travelling by sea you are significantly more exposed to the vagaries of the weather.....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Travelled on 23 may 2018 . The ferry arrived 2.5 hours late .they usually change their ferry ,they did the same during my travel too. Though I booked platinum class ,I was given silver class. When I asked,they said the ship was full and could not do anything . They did not bother to remove the economy passenger outta platinum seats . We sat on silver seats which were uncomfortable. Worst service . Repenting for my decision to opt for this stupid ferry . Have escalated my concern to refund back my extra amount but response . Paid 60 euros extra , got delayed by 2.5 hours and travelled in uncomfortable seats . When arrived in Santorini to pick up my rented car , the owner said this is very usual with seajet. Wish I knew this before . I don’t recommend this service . Choose Bluestar ( amazing ) . Don’t know much about other ferries but stay away from Seajet. It’s worst. I vouch for it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I think most of the reviews were by people who have experienced delays. We were lucky to face nothing significant. We first took the early morning ferry from Athens to Mykonos which reached around fifteen minutes late. The staff was polite, but yes they have to shouut to ensure you place your baggage at the correct place bas the ferry has various stops. The seats are comfortable and regarding reviews about scenic views, the ferry cannot create something for you I guess! It will be the same irrespective of the company you choose.

The second ferry we took was from Mykonos to Santorini. Er got an email 2 days in advance if the earlier department time. The ferry was late by 20 minutes, but that's for most ferries during peak season. It worked well for us as the other ferries were taking double the time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a ferry months in advance. Planned my trip around it only to get an email 13 hours before an 840am ferry that it has been cancelled. Unbelievable! Should have never risked it based on the similar horrendous reviews, but looks like they are true! Stay away.