“Very enjoyable stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Marie
Ranked #181 of 219 Hotels in Kos
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Marie for two nights recently. The accomodation was very clean, beds were comfortable, we found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful and the breakfast was superb!! All fresh produce and homemade breads and cheese pies, delicious! The room had air conditioning and internet access as wel as a balcony.
I was taken ill suddenly and the owner, a lovely lady drove me to the hospital herself! Her son even popped along to the hospital to check on me.
We would definitely recommend the hotel Marie and hope to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marie

Reviewed 31 July 2013

what happened to me there made me awful image about Cos island itself. When I arrived on the island, I didn't have any information and hotel accommodation. In just 5-minute walking, I was spoken to by a woman with the invitation card of that hotel, saying that they can give me one night stay by 20€. As I said, I didn't have any reservation for a hotel, so I decided to have a look of that hotel with the invitation card.
On the way there, the Greek woman suddenly talked to me and advised that I should tear off my invitation card and look for another cuz it sucks in everything. But I went there(that's my first mistake...)
At the reception, the manager said "we have never offered a 20€ room. It's from 30€, but we can make it to 25. After their offer, the manager's father showed me the room, and mistakenly I said "nice"(that's my second and biggest mistake...). Then, surprisingly and stupidly the word "nice" seemed to be translated as like "yes, I stay here" for him. He changed his attitude and aggressively tried to charge me like "pay, pay, pay now!" Being surprised at his pressure, I paid 25€ in front of the room.
But after that, I somehow got to wanna look around other hotels, so I asked them to give me back 25€ once...

It was too late.
The manager does not even listen to my opinion and said "you said yes! and you paid. It's finish. No! Everything is finished!!!!"

------------
What's finished?? or what's started???

I didn't even enter the room, put my luggage, and most importantly, I did not pass my passport to them. They don't know my name, my nationality, and my passport number. I DO NOT CHECK IN!!!!! So, I had no choice but staying at the hotel, actually without official check-in.

Police in Cos also sucks. What they say is the same as the manager.

Cos island... if you have a travel alone, I recommend not to go there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Tired, lazy and somewhat stressed I stupidly agreed to view this absolutely abominable property, which is a disgrace to hotels. I arrived at the sweltering port with no accommodation arranged and no internet connection with which to search for options. I was dismayed that there were no other hotel operators at the port to present more options as there are on many islands.

I followed the hotel manager/owner (a really despicable person, I'm loathe to say) to the Pit of Kos (Hotel Marie). On the way this horrible manager assured me the hotel was centrally located (It wasn't), neat and clean but he refused to tell me a price.

Upon arrival I hated this guy almost as much as I hated the hotel itself. I won't go into the reasons because it just may have been that my personality did not gel with his - though he made several untoward inclinations regarding other guests that were both immoral and disgusting.

The room was horrid, old, ugly and plainly tired. Though it was neat, it had nothing going for it. We agreed on a very low price (though I wouldn't stay there again for free even) and I immediately took all of my valuables, conducted a stock-take of my contents and left the hotel for the day.

The truth is that the first thing I did once I walked out of the hotel was booking the first ferry off the island, which sadly for me, was the following morning.

Though I had an enjoyable day (far far away from this hotel) I begrudgingly returned and went to sleep as early as possible so that I would wake up sooner and be gone from this most wretched hive on the uninspiring island of Kos.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were only 2 days in the hotel but it was fantastic! very clean, welcoming and good breakfast! Room price is ok, we will spend next year a few more days here and look forward to it very much!
See you next Year ..

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank tourist_7_10
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I have to say i was relieved to see that i was not the only one who was left angry and ripped off by this hotel manager. let me start with the few positives, the room was cleaned very well everyday and the location is good, although avoid the nearby beach as its not very nice. We were also met at the port coming off the night ferry by this manager and his father. they promised the sun, moon and stars in their hotel for seventy euros a night including free sunbeds on the beach. we haggled him down to sixty which he agreed to while doing his best to get us into his car before a nearby lady could tell us about her rooms.
back at the hotel and suddenly the price has gone up to 80! he blankly denies agreeing to sixty and offers us a nearby studio with no aircon for 60. we needed aircon so declined the room and asked him to take us back to the port. he slams the car door and seems enraged driving very fast in direction of the port. then he pulls over and says he will drop price to 70 but we cannot tell anyone staying there etc etc. at this stage we were wrecked so just agreed to it. so he demands full cash payment upfront for the whole stay and then shows us the restuarant where we can get free sunbeds....if we pay for drinks or food! what a joke! a most angry and disagreeable man and I must also mention his grandmother who worked there as if looks could kill I would be dead. she literally scowled at us each time we passed her in the lobby. kos is a wonderful island so find a better hotel and have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CatEire
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed here in Aug 2011 & never again, I have never met a hotel manager like the one here. After arriving on an all night ferry to Kos we were accosted by the hotel manager was very aggressive, he drove us to the hotel demanding a set price, which we debated! On arriving at the hotel he showed us a room (uncleaned & still occupied!). We explained that we only had money for 1 night & would get the rest to him later in the day but he did not like this at all. He drove us to the nearest ATM & waited for us to withdraw the cash. I would never put up with much harassment but due to exhaustation I took the room as I had nothing pre booked (there are plenty of other lovely hotels in Kos near by). We arrived back at ah hotel & had to wait in the reception for 2 hrs after being told the room would be ready immediately, not happy! The hotel is very noisey due to the young people who stay here. The hotel is run by a family & the mother was nice unlike the rest of the family especially Granny!! When leaving this hotel I asked for a receipt & the manager refused to give me one (avoiding tax!) I would NEVER stay here again even though it is quite central...you can do better

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gigibee1
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The room where i stayed in was as expensive as another hotel, 4,5 stars with swimming pool in Athens!
Very noisy, and not very clean, not well maintained, i really really didn't like it. It was a total rip off! Never had the chance of eating breakfast becuase they start serving late. But anyway seeing how everything was maintained there, probably i wouldn't have eaten breakfast there even if i had the chance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo