“My God!!!”

Kontessa Apartments
Ranked #50 of 158 Speciality Lodging in Kos
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at these apartments and I can say that unless the part owner/ cleaner leaves, we will not be returning, she is rude and obnoxious, bursts in the room at any given time, and even turned the lights off at night when my wife was alone taking a shower!! She also bursts in and turns the air conditioning (which we actually paid €6 per day to use) up to her acceptable level!! Sheets only changed once over 14 days, towels only changed once also...

We also caught Joanna (maid/ owner) rummaging through our possessions, that were not even in her way!!

When we are paying for accommodation, I don't expect to be treated badly and insulted, or have my personal things getting rummaged through!

The poolside bar run by a girl from Bolton was brilliant, and she could not have been nicer or helpful...

Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank James G

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Kontessa with family and friends, The apartments themselves look great from the outside but the inside of ours ( no1) is looking shoddy and could do with re-painting etc the shower was only just adequate for the 3 of us and had a habit of running cold, the hair dryer was great albeit a bit hot, I didn't use the iron or cooker so I can't comment, the fridge could have done with a damn good clean, as could the bedding and towels, notices around the apartment ask customers not to use P20 sunscreen as it causes staining to sheets and towels, I suggest adding a decent detergent or bleach to the wash, The pool was really nice apart from a hole in the grate in the deep end that I'm sure someone's toe will end up in at some point, plenty of sun beds and umbrellas are available, the poolside bar/cafe was really good the lovely Caryl does a great Milkshake and her Toasties are very tasty, She is a hive of local knowledge too a real asset to the place.

The Cleaner/Owner is really quite strange I think her name was Joanna! She knocks only once on the door then walks straight in anytime between 8am and 10am so if you want a lie in it's tough!! One morning my daughter told her I was in the shower and she went off cursing, One afternoon a banging on the sliding door at the front of the apartment was met with Joanna? Jabbering about an outside light being on, the switch which turned out to be above the hairdryer had been caught by mistake.

The gardens around the apartments are quite well maintained and the Gardener quite friendly.

The location of the apartments is excellent beach, bars,restaurants, car hire, harbour etc all close by.

A footpath and steps to the rear of the apartments ( right hand side of the pool) take you down to the seafront inbetween the supermarket and Sydney's bar ( which I must say is excellent with very friendly staff)

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank volatile13
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well, the previous reviews say it all really. Joanna the part owner seems a little interfering at times and ought to take a tablet to calm down. She hates that P20 all day sun lotion, so you know she's had a nose in your room once your out and clocked it. But generally the place is ok with very pleasant gardens.. The pool is very large and well looked after. The snack bar, run by carol is handy, she does a really good English and is a mine of local knowledge.
There isn't a lot more to say really, its your typical tired rooms in Greece that need a serious update to modern times but won't be. But it is clean, the water surprisingly hot and with toilets that nearly flush properly.
What more could you want ?.

Room Tip: any will do, good views on the top ones though
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned following a week at Kontessa apartments. The apartments are conviniently situated a stones throw from the beach and restaurants in the relaxing resort of Kafalos. Thanks to Joanna the apartments are very clean and spacious. The pool area is well maintained and there are plenty of sun beds, there is no need to put your towels down at the crack of dawn. Carly who manages the pool snackbar will do whatever she can help you. We most certainly will be revisiting this traditionally Greek resort for its excellent hospitality and these special apartments.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've decided to stay at Kontessa Apartments after seeing photos of this place. As I only planned to spent there my first 3 nights in Kos Island, I wanted a beautiful surrounding rather than modern facilities or a great location. To my suprise the place I had chosen appeared to be not only picturesque, but very comfortable too.
To begin with the owner - Mrs Kontessa - makes everyone feel welcome. She would remember your name, great you each time with a broad smile and give you self made cookies. But have in mind, that she and other staff members are not always there. They come in the morning and disappear in the afternoon.
This accomodation is perfectly located, only a 2 minutes walk to the beach and main promenade with tavernas and shops. At the same time it gives you perfcet privacy, when staying at the swimming pool you're not being observed by everyone passing by, what happens in other Kefalos hotels.
My room was spacious and extremely clean, with everythig one could need when prepearing meals. The bathroom needs to be up-to-dated, but I qiuckly got used to its a little old-fashioned look.
The pool is great, big and clean. A sunbed always there waiting for you. Beautiful garden, flowers and well-maintained plants all around the building.
Last but not the least is the company. There's quiet, friendly and extremely polite group of regulars, so noone disturbs you at night.
Perfect place to relax and see this part of the island. Though booking in advance advisable.

Room Tip: Gruond floor rooms have small private terrace and you get from there directly to the swimming pool a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

You may have read a review that I wrote in June saying how super this accommodation is - we had such a great time that we longed to come back! It was as if we'd never left - all the people we'd met before welcomed us like old friends and of course, Caryl has become part of our Kefalos family! The lovely Vania (Bulgarian cleaning lady) came to see us every day to make sure all was well!
We had a fabulous 2 weeks and as always can recommend these apartments. Until next time......

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaybeem
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Fantastic location close to beach, bars and shops. Good size pool and plenty of sunbeds. Pool bar ran by Caryl who makes great cuppa tea and rustles up great breakfast and mmmm eggy bread. Found stairs behind pool that went down to supermarket to get paper and bread in morning. Bulgarian cleaner cannot rem her name extremely pleasant and we certainly had sleep in. Gardens lovely and well maintained. Hotel accommodated all our requests which very much appreciated when you have disabled traveller.

Room Tip: we loved the ground floor as could walk out straight to pool..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family