“My Favorite Dinning”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: traditional greek homade cooking by thalia. Every plate for 3 euro
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If I could have my personal Greek chef, that would definitely be someone from Thalia! The fact that we dinned there 4 out of 9 evenings says it all. Regardless whether it was sea food or local specialties from this part of Greece, everything tasted perfectly! Every time, we sampled a number of dishes recommended by the owner and his son. Even though I lived in Greece, I have tried some things for the first time (stuffed flowers!!!) and loved it!!! The local rose as well as the white wine served at Thalia were great, too!Our special love goes to the family that owns the restaurant. They are wonderful people who welcome you as if to their own home and treat every tourist as the most welcome guest.

2  Thank Aleksandra D

Reviewed 20 July 2014

To be honest I first looked at the restaurant across the road with its fancy signs, and that was overpriced. By Thira was authentically Greek. I arrived by myself, the guy sat me down and asked what I wanted, he then sat down next to me and told me what was Greek. The personal touch was what was missing on so many other restaurants. I said thank you, "it's my job to introduce the Greek culture to tourists, not tourists to Greeks." Great food and delightful setting. This is an absolute gem if your looking for affordability, culture, Greek hospitality and a good laugh. Forget the overpriced places on the main square.

2  Thank 887grantd
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This family run restaurant was just amazing. We loved it so much we had to go back for more. The food was superb, and the owner and staff warm and kind. We felt like we had food from his home kitchen. It was a truly authentic Greek dinner experience!!

3  Thank RonelleSwartAllewell
Reviewed 11 July 2014

An amazing traditional Greek restuarant which was also exceptional value. The owner went out of his way to welcome us and explain the dishes in detail (many of them are authentic Greek dishes that you don't see on tourist menus). I would highly recommend a visit!!

1  Thank Kez90
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Been in kos for a week looking for some original greek atmosphere and food
Im extremely happy i found the place. The owners are friendly the service is better than any other place
And dont get me started with the food.

2  Thank Hershey G