“Friendly in the second row”
Review of Effie Hotel

Effie Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Patmos
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We came late on the ferry from Rhodes and the chef of Hotel Effie picked us up from the port. The hotel is not quite on the harbour front, but in easy walking distance. The people were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable by Greek standards. Nothing spectacular, yet satisfying and at a good price. They also rent appartments. Can't say anything about the food, cause we slept in and left out breakfast.

Room Tip: For a longer stay I would recommend the appartments.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TopkapiMuenster

Reviewed 10 August 2013

If you are looking for a very clean, very close to beach about 50 meters only, and with people with good mood to serve you and help you with breakfast with fresh fruit, local own production and spectacular views towards the monastery of Patmos and the beach, then what you require.

Room Tip: Bοοκ early for higher floors for spectacular view !!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2013

After one night we decided to stay two more nights! Very cheap room with seesight but the best thing was the hostess who was very friendly and helpfull.
The breakfast wasn't special but good. They bring you some fuit, bread, spreads, an egg, cheese and you can eat in silence. So much better than a big breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We've been coming to Greece for 30 years and for us, hotels like the Effie epitomize simple Greek hospitality. For 35€, our room had a balcony with a view of the bay. The room was a nice size for this class of hotel, it was very clean,the bathroom was good-sized, and the air conditioner was quiet and efficient, plus there was charge for the use of the AC. We notice that a couple of reviewers complained about the meager breakfast, but we're guessing they are new to Greece. Traditional Greek breakfasts usually consist of coffee or tea, bread and butter, and maybe fruit or tomato. Perhaps someone expecting a full scale American or British should book a five star hotel or consider not traveling out of the country. Just saying..... We already recommended this hotel for friends later this year, as it was recommended to us..

Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MJS-Tucson
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here with a group of students. The rooms were sufficient. The location was good. The breakfast was meager. But the young man at the desk spoke English and was very helpful. The island is beautiful and we loved walking all over it. I do think we were here out of season since some stores were not open.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank iluvboston
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have stayed in EFFIE hotel for 3 nights.
Location is quite good as it is just 5 minutes walk from the port.
Room is really simple, clean and just for a sleep, as there is nothing attractive to keep you inside this hotel for more hours.
Eleni, the manager of the hotel is kind and helpful, however in the afternoon/evening hours and early morning, the responsible is the lady working at the kitchen/prepares breakfast. Do not expect anything from her, as she does not have the sense of hospitality. I asked her to arrange a transfer with their mini-van to the port because I needed some help to carry my suitcase (i was travelling alone). The result was that 10 minutes before of the departure of the boat, I was still trying to find a solution in the hotel as well as the person to help me with the suitcase and the transfer. Finally they did not service me and I had to carry all baggage by myself (more than 40 stairs from ground floor to my room, without elevator - not only uncomfortable but dangerous as well).
About the breakfast, I don't know, as I booked a room without breakfast.
The price was ok, I would say that it is good value for the money but I recommend at the management to select better the staff working there as at this difficult period of crisis, the client needs friendly and good service at least.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank MariaPap
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Pros: Quite location at Skala near the port, cheap, clean.
Cons: Poor breakfast (who's gonna find the honey), noisy room doors, personnel with no professional behaviour nervus and bad-tempered.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family