“The best choice”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Second time in the same restaurant!a wonderful experience,chicken souvlaki and srifado...I was dream from last year and was yam yam(as our children said).Lovely ingredients,healthy and so delicious.We will see you again the next year!Thank you...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great menu, various dishes and drinks available.
Very friendly staff, and cosy cats to keep you company during your meal.
Located in the city centre / square.

1  Thank Nils V
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Greek cozy place with unforgettable flavors!Chicken souvlaki just perfect, juicy with potatoes and tzatziki,our children loved this,even though it was full the service was very quick,also cheese balls were PERFECT, you can taste the cheese,prices so low for the quality and quantity you get!HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 'Omonoia', (Concord), officially in Greek a 'Paradosiako Kafenio Snack Bar' is a centrally located tavern by Livadia's main square with partial views of the harbour area. It is run by Michalis, an intellectual looking friendly man, sometimes with a touch of patronizing. As best rated restaurant in Livadia it fills up quickly in the evenings. I went there three times, always early, to get my favourite seat on the edge with maybe the best views. When the place started to fill up, I was given the bill, when still eating, somewhat as a sign to hurry up and make room for new customers.

All the dishes I had were presented in the simplest way - no effort for some decoration with a tomato wedge or parsley, as most others would have done. On the other hand everything was of top quality and fresh, which is more important. I tried Symi Shrimps (here called 'Tilos Shrimps'), Octopus and 'Marida' (Picarel), a small fish, which is eaten whole.

Once I had an ouzo before dinner, which came without any small 'Meze', as is the custom in Greece. In the menu card they offer a separate 'Ouzo Meze', so I asked for one. It consisted of some tomatoes, cucumbers, Tsatsiki, local (and bitter) olives with slices of cheese and ham, just as at hotel breakfast buffet. For this I was charged 2€ for the ouzo and €5 for the meze, a total of €7. In comparison I got at two different places on the more touristy Island of Nisyros an ouzo with an excellent meze included, consisting of mainly 'Lakerda' (Pickled Bonito), which goes perfect with Ouzo, for a total of 2.5€.

At the end I was usually offered a piece of cake or helva, as is the tradition in restaurants here. The Espresso I once ordered was from Jacobs. The 'Omonoia', which is rated as 'cheap' in Tripadvisor is definitely not cheaper than any other restaurant in Livadia, which are all rated as more expensive.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived in the evening and ate here on our first night. From the moment we sat down, we were made to feel comfortable and welcome. The food is very delicious - simple, good ingredients, well cooked. Needless to say, we’ve been back most days for either food or drink. It’s a very, authentic outside setting with traditional Greek hospitality! Thavma!