“Great Escape from the City” 5 of 5 bubbles

Parc Rodini Rhodes
Ranked #115 of 243 things to do in Rhodes
Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Escape from the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

For a completely different day out and to get out of the sunshine, we went to Rodini Park for the day and were so glad we did. Quiet and away from the city hustle and bustle we had a lovely time exploring this tranquil and peaceful park where we came across turtles, peacocks, crabs, koi-carp, a duck, some goats and plenty of bugs. Make sure you take water with you as there's nowhere inside the park to buy anything but there is a small kiosk by the entrance. The park is free and so beautiful it's well worth a visit. We'd recommend this to anyone.

Visited June 2014

52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A tranquil gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Escape from the heat, bustle and crass commercialism of Rhodes Town for a couple of hours in a beautiful little semi-wild park with plenty of shade and running water. There was no catering when I was there in October so take food and water. On the edge of the city so a bit of a tek from the centre but there is a bus.

Visited October 2013
Hants
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“delightful neglected wonderland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

After the heat and crowds of Rhodes town hop on a number 3 bus from the sea front to Rodini Park a free attraction. This is a shadow of its former glory when it had a road train and a small zoo. Today it appears abandoned and crumbling but it is still magical. Closed up cafes and toilets. Wander along winding paths by the stream and over rustic bridges by lakes, which are home to dragonflies and marvel at the greenery and size of trees in this parched island. We saw many of the 'butterflies' tiger moths found up in Butterfly valley. So quiet and peaceful

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Janetsybil
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Rodini Park - Hidden secrets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is a park is said to be the oldest park in the world, and as you walk along the stream that is easy to believe as there are small evidence of peoples activities from many ages.

The park is structured yet it feels completely wild. I'm guessing it's not maintained that much.We were here late in the season so a lot was dried out.

But the stream running there was delightful. I got a wonderful surprise as I went over it by going down in it. when I got up on the other side I disturbed the rock side... yes that was what it first appeared to be, but as I was getting ready to climb up it all moved and I was surrounded by 20-30 bright red butterflies. that in a few seconds disappeared again. I looked closer and when they land they fold their wings so that they show a pattern mimicking the rock and they become invisible. I've now learned it was tiger moths I saw. This experience alone made it worth a visit.

We also met a lady feeding the kittens there. She told us she'd been doing that for 17 years now. Made me feel good knowing they were taken care of.

We also got to meet several cute little lizards with aqua colored tail that I believe is a Blue-tail skink. They are quick so you have to be fast to get a closer look. Me and my "hubby" didn't get the right angle to get the blue tail on any photo. But there was several little skinks running around :-)

This is a nice place to visit if you just want to get out of the heat for a little while.
I do recommend it. It feels enchanted and if you let your imagination loose you can see the most amazing things there. :-)

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Miss_WW
Aalst, Belgium
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Rodini Parc walking tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Parc is one of the unknown pearls of Rhodos town. It has lush greenery and lots of shade under very old trees, like a bit of forest in the middle of town. Probably one of the most quiet, calm and beautiful spots on the island, it is perfect for a romantic walk or a stroll with the children (there's a simple playground too). You will meet very few people, and almost not a single tourist here. No need to repeat what others here said about it: just that it's all true and not in the least exaggerated.. I will gladly return there on my next visit to this marvelous island. The best time to be here is the end of octobre, when the sea is still warm enough for swimming, most if not all tourists have gone, and prices of accomodation are at an all time low..

Visited October 2012