“re changes at the elena”
Review of Elena Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parga
Elena Hotel
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Parga
manchester
“re changes at the elena”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have also stayed at the Elena 3 times. Always made welcome by Kostas. The cleaner who has left is Irena. One year she crocheted table mats for my sister and myself as she noticed I had a crocheted beach bag. She was a lovely person always happy and bubbly.She used to tell us about her family which added to the holiday. We like family run places and this was close to it chatting with the cleaners on their lunch break. The cleaners work so hard which maintains the high standard of cleanliness. This year we could not manage to get booked in on our required dates so stayed elsewhere but did call up to see our old friends. We didn't however see Irena even though we were told where she now works. Another holiday maker told me that Stavros manages The Utopia now.

It will depend on the price next time whether or not we stay there. It is exceptionally clean but if the camaraderie is missing it might not be worth the extra money. I will keep an eye on the reviews .

Room Tip: we always find the higher floors are better. we haven't as yet stayed in an attic room but would...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandie18

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My second time at these apartments and not disapointed, we were given an atic room at first but due to ill health I asked if we could be moved, it was no problem at all, we were given a low floor apartment, and yes people's sunbeds are close to your balcony but who goes on holiday to sit on a lower floor balcony? And if it concerns you that much you make sure you get up and put a towel on a sunbed and pull it up to your balcony. Can't see the problem myself. The only down side to these apartments is there is no atmosphere around the pool bar area, the bar man this year struggled to comunicate and its closes up at 3 which I am told its because people are sleeping? If people are sunbathing and they want a drink or kids want an ice cream they can't. I think the bar should stay open, they could turn the music down. And the bar closes at midnight not 1am like someone said. If you want a nice quiet clean friendly apartment then this is the place to go! I hope to return next year :)

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jwistow73
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Having just read Duncanboings review, it sounds like there have been more changes to the staff at Elena. When I first found Elena, I was staying at Villa Andreas but climbed the few steps at the entrance to have a look. I was spotted by Kostas and Voula (blond cleaner) who waved me in and showed me around. I liked the feel of the place and on returning home booked the attic room. Excellent (there is a review). We went back, this time to a ist floor room and again all was well. Even when I stay elsewhere, I always go back to say hello to Kostas and was surprised when he told me that Voula was no longer there, she spoke very good english so was an asset. When I went out June/July this year, I was told that one of the 2 dark, curly haired sisters was also no longer there (can't remember her name). Again a really friendly happy person. Fortunately fixed up at a restaurant. Now I read that Kostas has gone. I know they employed a young guy, Demitris but wasn't sure if he was just temporary, it looks not. The other thing that changed is that Stavros, the owner is now married and they live on site. I'm pretty sure that the new barman is in some way related. Maybe Stavros felt that the team were getting too comfortable and needed a change? Whether it's a good move only time will tell. What I do remember is that Elena used to be in the top 3 accommodations in Parga.
The ratings quoted are based on my last stay there which was a few years ago.

Room Tip: I didn't like the ground floor where people are lying on sunbeds a few meters away while you are...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank satriani100
manchester
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed at the Elena for a week from 22nd Aug, the accommodation was best I have experienced in Greece. The apartments were spacious with plenty of wardrobe and drawers and were immaculate throughout our stay. The cleaner came in every day and our sheets and towels were always replaced.
The apartments are an ideal base to explore Parga and the pool area is clean with plenty of beds as most people spend little time around the pool. The pool is cleaned every night and although the pool bar is open till around 12 the music is more background as people just usually drop in for a nightcap on their return from an evening out.
The apartments are around a 10 -15 min walk from the main resort area however their are some excellent tavernas on the way down to the town (use the road which is sign posted "shortcut to beach" rather than the main road) plus a couple of supermarkets and an excellent bakery.
In the evening Parga town is busy however it is not like a pumping Magaluf. A definite is a trip to Lichonos Beach on a water taxi for a day lovely beach and try getting the speedboat taxi back our daughter thought it was great fun.

2 Thank Jane B
west mids
Reviewed 23 August 2013

just back from elena august 2013 location very good close to some very good eating places and only 10 to 15min walk to the seafront and harbour the rooms were fine very clean we had a ground level room but i can only imagine the loft rooms would be very hot aircon is 8euros a day in august you have little choice the pool is cleaned every night and is spotless.Sunbeds were available most days but some were reserved very early and not used allday one night towels were out before we went to bed !! however they mysteriously dissappeared and that never happened again.The bar closes everyday 3 till 5.30 inconvenience but allows you to drink your own drinks round the pool saving you money . The beer was as dear as the front and not very good 3.50 euros measures of ouzo and brandy are small .Costas is no longer working at elena who i was told by repeat visitors made you very welcome .The something i felt missing was a genuine welcome and hospitality i never felt like a guest more like a customer.There is no food available apart from frozen pizza 6euro or toasties which were the worst i ever had and its hard to mess a toastie up.You are not allowed to eat at the tables by the bar i fetched a drink of beer and a glass of wine for my wife who came out with a salad she had made but she was quickly told she couldnt eat it there .I will return to parga sooner rather than later but i will be walking that extra 10mins up the hill and staying at Irini studios

Room Tip: low level and away from bar as music is played from 9am till 3 then 530 till maybe 1am
3 Thank duncanboing
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed one week at Elena Hotel from 8th August, party of two adults,a 5 year old and 10 month old. We booked on Olympic website, felt that £850 for a week in August was a good price. Absolutely love Parga, but wouldn't even consider staying at this accommodation again.
We were in room 311. directly above the bar. I was worried that there may be noise at night time that would keep my children, husband and I awake, but to be fair it didn't. Except on the last night (14th August) the bar played loud music. I called to ask what time it would finish at and was told it would be gone one as 15th was a local holiday and a lot of Greeks staying. I'm sure when our room was being allocated that some consideration could have been taken that music will be played on the annual holiday and not place a family with young children over the bar.
The main problems were ants and damp. I like to unpack when I get into a room and get settled. I pack my three suitcase, each split between all of my family, so if a case goes missing, we still all have clothes in two suitcases. The wardrobe smelt so bad of damp that I couldn't/wouldn't put any clothes in it. There were very few draws so even if they didn't smell of damp I wouldn't have been able to unpack properly. I used to be a holiday rep in Parga and know that generally there can be issues of damp in the area, wet winters etc. So I could understand damp smells that need airing in May, but not in August. The other problem was ants. Speaking to other guest round the pool it seemed we were the only with ants. I did report this to reception and when the cleaners had serviced the room later, they had put ant powder down. Reception seemed aware of the ants, yet still put young children in the room. If we were a couple this would have been the issue resolved. But the powder was everywhere, so for the full week my 5 year old had to be careful where she walked and my baby wasn't able to crawl anywhere. The baby was either in our arms or in her travel cot (which also had a damp smell).
I know Parga very well, I worked there for a whole summer. This was my first return after 9 years. I will definately go back to Parga, but would not consider this accommodation again. One of the nicest thing about Greece and its people is that when on holiday you often have the feeling that you are staying with a family as a friend. I never got that feeling at this accommodation.

1 Thank Travelalot2328
West Midlands
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Excellent accommodation in a perfect location. One suggestion would be that food was available- I.e snacks by the pool at lunchtime. Parga is perfect for couples of any age- quite and restful. Plenty of very good places to eat- Yannis taverna near the hotel serves fantastic food excellent service and very reasonable. Water taxes are a great way to visit local beaches- Valtos being our favourite

• Stayed July 2013