“Fantastic, authentic food and excellent hosts”
Review of Taverna Arkoudas

Taverna Arkoudas
Ranked #28 of 136 Restaurants in Parga
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was the only place that we ate at twice during our weeks stay in Parga. Initially what drew us in was the fact that the waiter left us in peace to read the menu out front without trying to drag us in, which unfortunately seems to be the norm for most of the harbour front restaurants. There was so much choice that we literally couldn't decide what to eat but the waiters were very knowledgeable and kept popping back to our table to answer questions we had about ingredients and the cooking process etc. On our first visit we had Stifado and Kleftiko, both were absolutely amazing and the portions were enormous. The Stifado here was much better than the bland one that we had up at Yiannis. The house red is also quite decent considering how cheap it is but I will say in fairness to Yiannis they beat Arkkoudas hands down with their house red. On our second visit we had the Spetsofai and the Salt Cod, again both meals were fantastic and portions enormous. The staff at Arkoudas are very attentive but not too in your face and we had a good laugh with them on our second visit, the ambience is very relaxed and nothing is too much trouble. You tend to get a little freebie in most restaurants in Parga but in Arkoudos they were extremely generous giving each customer free ouzo, cinamon liqueur and fresh fruit which is a really nice touch. For authentic Greek food in a relaxed friendly atmosphere without the hard sell, give Arkoudas a try, you won't regret it.

1  Thank BaggageAllowance

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a truly fantastic taverna. This year was my second time visiting Parga and I keep coming back to Arkoudas. Great food, great service and probably one of the funniest waiters I have ever met. A definite must visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

What a character the owner is! One morning we heard some gunfire in the olive groves just above the Terra Verde apartments where we were staying. That evening we visited the Taverna Arkoudas, as we had already eaten there on the night we arrived, so I asked the owner about the gunfire, as I had my suspicions. He admitted that it was him - he had been hunting wild boar. Unfortunately it was not ready for the table!
Food good, not exceptional, but real complimentary ouzo AND desserts and excellent atmosphere - just don't expect an itemised bill!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Wonderful service, good food, great location! My kids loved the place as much as I did with the fun owners. Our favourite taverna in Parga for sure.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The services where excellent, but the sea food (squids, octopuses and mullets) where not cooked that well. The location is fantastic and if you are not on gourmet, the maybe you would love it.