“Breath taking views and delicious food”
Review of Kastro 1380

Kastro 1380
Ranked #109 of 135 Restaurants in Parga
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, great service and beyond beautiful views of parga harbour, definitely worth a visit. Warning the seats by the balcony are very high up!

1  Thank Sambri7

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant 12 years ago and had a lovely experience. Oh, how things have changed! The view is still outstanding, but not better than other restaurants nearby. We are Canadian and have moved to Greece for a year, so we are getting a pretty good handle on quality Greek food and what constitutes well-prepared sea food. First of all, the 'waitress' was extremely aggressive. After the food arrived, and she came back to see how everything was, I told her that the squid and lamb were overdone. After 2.5 months in Greece, I haven't found anything serious to complain about. She then proceeded to argue with me on the number of dishes she sells of squid, and is this my first time having it? I told her that I'm glad that she knows best!
Overall, I would rather not eat than go to this restaurant, and I love great food and wine! This restaurant will continue to do well because they depend on tourists that tolerate their disgusting service and overdone food, as they are on holiday and in a good mood. In addition, they are incredibly overpriced. As the song goes, 'a three dressed up as a nine'....

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We called in here for a drink after visiting the castle and were very pleased with our choice. There are wonderful views from the terrace of the town, the bay and Panagia Island. I could not imaging a better place in the town to take in this scenery. The prices seemed reasonable.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Ever heard that old saying “all that glitters isn’t gold"? Well this is what you get at Kastro 1380!
We saved this restaurant for our last holiday dinner and we wished we hadn’t and walked away quite upset that we had given it the benefit of the doubt as soon as we sensed this wasn’t going to be a good dining experience. In short this restaurant is massively over-priced, food is not a patch on what you get at other Parga restaurants such as Zorbas and Bacchos, waiters are rude and the manager is extremely arrogant when I took the opportunity to try to explain to him his restaurants short comings. The only thing going for “Kastro 1380” is the view, take this away and you’re in for an extremely poor dining experience.

1  Thank Airtours1996
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place is a trek up a cobbled alleyway but its well worth the effort to get there.
Its a very modern bar which overlooks the town and like most bars here it serves a variety of food and drink to suite all tastes.
Call in for a drink after visiting the castle.

1  Thank stephen p