“Unbeatable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cephalonia
My Little Place On the Hill
Ranked #8 of 107 Cephalonia B&B and Inns
Wandsworth, London
“Unbeatable!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

To start with, I would like to say the most enormous Thank you to our incredible hosts Alex and (the very stylish) Vicky, and also to Wendy for making our stay at the end of July simply wonderful. We could not fault anything. It is a holiday that will stay in our memories forever.

We visited My Little Place on the Hill with our two boys (aged 5 & 6) and had such a fantastic week. We were made to feel so welcome and relaxed. Alex and Vicky have developed the perfect balance of being on hand to offer fantastic advice about where to go, fab tavernas, day trips etc but also are incredibly discrete to allow you to relax in your own space if you wish to. Our boys completely fell in love with them - and shared Vicky's love of cats... they even joined the cat club which the boys were thrilled about!

The accommodation had a relaxed boutique feel to it. It was much bigger than expected. The apartment had a large entrance hall, 2 large bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a balcony that sat 6 on a big table. The apartment was immaculately clean with simple but stylish design. The rooms were serviced daily and clean towels were provided when ever required. The kitchen was simply equipped, perfect for preparing breakfasts, light lunches & easy suppers. The pool and surrounding area were large and the bar area rustic and relaxed. We had the amazing BBQ which Alex and Vicky do once a week.

The atmosphere at My Little Place on The Hill was perfect, mainly Dutch & English families and couples.
It is set in a beautiful rural and very unspoilt part of the island. I would say that a car is a must, in order to really explore the area and sample some of the delights of local restaurants.

We were incredibly impressed with everything and am certain that we will be back (& we don't usually go back to the same place more than once!) Alex and Vicky have absolutely got it cracked! Well done guys, keep up the good work and thanks again, Becky, Jamie, Alfie & Monty x

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGunns

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent an amazing week here in June this year and can't wait to go back. Alex, Vicki and Wendy were so hospitable and made our stay thoroughly relaxing. The apartment was beautifully styled with lots of little touches and was extremely clean. The view was spectacular and the little bar perfect for chatting away in the evenings by the pool. I have never stayed anywhere with so much attention paid to detail and such a friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for a week with my friend and we loved it! It is a beautiful place and the people who own it are very welcoming and friendly. I would absolutely go back and stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone going to Kefalonia. Every week they have a BBQ, which I would also recommend. Thank you Vicky, Alex, and Wendy

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Claire T
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a great find for a pre high-season week in the Greek sun. The "Little place on the hill" has a unique feel to it - it's boutique-style but not overdone and not with the usual price-tag. The owners, Alex & Vicky, are excellent hosts and made us and our two young kids really feel at home.

The apartments are spacious and have a good size terrace with nice full size outside table & chairs. The beds are comfortable (if you like firm mattresses..) and a full size travel cot was available for our youngest at no extra charge. The kitchenette is very basic but has all you need to make breakfast and lunch - with so many good tavernas and restaurants close by offering great local cuisine at very reasonable prices there is no need to worry about cooking in the evenings.
Only downside (if I have to mention one) is the bathroom and shower which are bit too basic for my liking.

The pool is huge with a dedicated kids section which ours loved. From the outside bar breakfast is available as well as simple sandwiches and snacks during the day and of course ice cold drinks till late in the evening.

Overall, we had a wonderful holiday on this amazing island (it's beaches are some of the most beautiful around) very much helped by our stay at "My little place on the hill" - would definitively recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Little Place On The Hill became my little sanctuary on the hill. From the first moment we arrived we knew we were going to have a wonderful holiday. MLPOTH is in a beautiful setting away from any tourist hub bub but within easy access, most walking, of beautiful beaches, amazing tavernas with great food and things to see and do. For an authentic experience in Greece this is the place for you. Alex and Vicky are wonderful hosts, generous, genuine and always happy to help. You truly feel as if they are welcoming you into their home but without intruding or imposing themselves on you.
The 'complex' if you can call it that, a small collection of your own private apartments, quiet, unobtrusive and seemingly things flow at a much slower pace, you literally feel yourself unwind. They are modern, comfortable, with everything you need and if there's something you're missing, Alex and Vicky will be sure to have it. Vicky has really taken the time to add those little extras to the apartments to make them that little bit special. She has an amazing eye for detail and every little 'thing' you see around the place will have been lovingly collected and arranged by her. Just take a look into reception and you'll enter a wonderland of trinkets and beautiful objects.
We took our 21 month old son who loved the place, lots of open space to run around in, a huge and I mean huge pool with shallow children's section and like I said there were plenty of things for us to get out and about to do to keep him entertained.
We had a fantastic holiday and are already planning next years trip back there with two children! Thank you Alex & Vicky!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We have recently returned from a relaxing 10 night stay at My Little Place on the Hill which was our first overseas holiday with our 9 month old baby. The apartments were great and pool and bar area beautiful with stunning views. The owners Alex and Vicky were incredibly welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful. Great atmosphere at the bar with weekly BBQ to help create a friendly vibe. Lovely local beach at Avythos and worth a short walk beyond the rocks on the right for extra peace and quiet. It really was a memorable stay. Would highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After 2 years, we were back in My Little place on the hill and again it was a amazing experience. The little complex has a nice and relaxed atmosphere where a lot of attention is paid to the smallest details. This can be noticed in tangible and intangible terms. Alex and Vicky and their little crew (and cats) always make you feel really welcome. There is nothing you have to do, but if you want much is possible. Ask certainly for all the tips on beautiful beaches, outings and tavernas. The crew and the various visitors quickly form a nice group that, you can speak with at the bar while sipping a delicious cocktail or a local Greek beer. For us, the place really gives the feeling of coming home. At Kefalonia and certainly at My little place you can really take it easy and you'll find yourself in a friendly and happy environment . The apartments are spacious and clean. The mountain view is magnificent. You're away from the crowds, but if you need anything, you never have to look far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple