“Excellent stay”
Review of Liberatos Village

Liberatos Village
Ranked #97 of 141 Hotels in Cephalonia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned home from an 11 night stay at Liberatos Village. It was an amazing holiday and the Liberatos Village had a large part to play in that. The location and views were beautiful. The village is set up a small hill and once there you have an amazing ocean view. From the balcony in our apartment we were able to sit and eat dinner whilst watching the sun set into the ocean. You could also enjoy the stunning view from the pool which was large and clean. The pool facilities were fantastic and the cocktails were superb. George (the hotel manager) was knowledgeable and helpful ensuring that we saw all the best sites on the island. But above all George was incredible friendly and we spent many enjoyable nights at the bar with him. We will definitely visit Liberatos Village again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christina h H

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I just came back from a five day stay at Liberatos Villages and I had a good experience, the room size is fantastic has all facilities to self cater. Room was kept clean and as soon as you open your front door you get strike by a fantastic unforgettable view due to the location of the village in the hill which is five mins away from the main road. The pool area is just perfect and clean with the lovely surrounding gardens it has its own showers and toilets so you don't have to go to your room to use these facilities as well as having a bar area by the pool so we could enjoy from refreshing drinks in those lovely sunny days. Staff was friendly and the hotel manager was extremely helpful and kind by offering his advise in what places to visit/preparing us drinks/accommodating any questions we may have. The location of the village is perfect 10mins away from the airport, 5mins away from the lovely sandy beach and local shops. If for some reason you can't find the place just stop and ask any buisiness and they will happily point you in the right direction. I would recommend hiring a car so you can make the most of your holiday. I will get back to the Liberatos villages for their courtesy and convenient prices. Lenin

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eltigretonuk
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks stay at the Liberatos Village and had a fantastic time! Rooms/pool area and the hotel in general were very clean and adequately provisioned for our self catering needs. Yes the hill is a little challenging but the views are rewarding and make the effort worthwhile -lovely expansive sea views and sunsets. The manager Georgiou- was always extremely helpful and courteous and responded promptly to any queries we had. Lassi itself has some good tavernas namely Zorbas and the beach closeby is lovely and easy to swim in. There are a few ways to get into Argostoli town which has numerous shops etc. We did an island trip by coach for 19 euro which was good value and took in the delights of Fiskardo, Assos and Myrtos beach. yes it was a bit pre- season but we found everything we wanted in a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steph x
georgios k, Manager at Liberatos Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

thank you for your review about the hotel.i am really happy that you enjoyed your holidays.hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Liberatos village in early May.it was really quiet and peacefull.the perfect place to relax.the room was very clean and the stuff really helpfull.we are going back in september!see you in a few months!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank john8003
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The first impression is good. It's a nice complex with a lovely pool and bar area, well- groomed gardens. At first sight the studio was clean but at closer inspection not clean enough. I have lived cheaper and a lot cleaner. The cleaning staff only empty the bins and wipe down the bathroom, the rest of the studio stays untouched. For someone who likes their accommodation very hygenic, I can't recommend this place. If you are pretty easy-going, this place is ok. Towles are only changed twice per week, again for me that's not good enough.

In other reviews people mention the steep hill up to the studios. However, it isn't really a big deal at all unless you have a walking disability or are injured.

It was very difficult to find the hotel as there were no signs indicating as to where it is. The owner told us that competitors (?) removed his signs and so far they haven't gotten around replacing them. Further, it would be useful if the small road leading up to Liberata and the neighbouring hotel had street lights. For both pedestrians and motorists alike it's pretty dangerous not seeing or not being seen in the dark.

Room Tip: For quietness choose a room away from the pool and bar area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed at Liberatos for 2 weeks in July-August and we were really satisfied: location is strategic if you want to travel all around this quite big island (don't forget to rent a car, scooters are too small if you like to see everything...). Village is up to Lassi hill (so, again, car is needed at least to go up there in the sunny Kefalonian afternoons!!), view from our room (at ground floor of apartment block "F") was great and we could have breakfast on a big patio overlooking sea!
Village has a pool with a poolside bar but we never went there...always loooking for nice beaches!
Only two poor things to highlight: (1) despite the fact they say Wi-Fi area around the pool, we were not able to connect to the web (maybe due to heavy traffic in the evenings). (2) Really poor bathroom, with ridiculos shower and curtains! This was the only thing I really did not like!!!
They clean the room every 3-4 days but they come everyday for garbage and "light cleaning".
I recommend this village if you are lookin for excellent quality/price ratio and a convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FrancescaCalgary
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I just returned from my holiday at Liberatos Village with a few of my friends and I had a fantastic time. The views from my apartment were breathtaking and the room was very clean. The pool bar was very nice as well and the whole staff is very friendly. They also serve lunch if you like. I would recommend the chicken BBQ sandwich. It was delicious! I definitely recommend it and I will be visiting again for my holiday next year!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends