“Brilliant location”
Review of Vicky Apartments

Vicky Apartments
Ranked #85 of 770 Speciality Lodging in Corfu
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Fabulous location, right on the beach, what a view from the pool and balcony. Lovely, helpful staff. some of the apartments are basic but you don't spend much time in them anyway. The new block is better though. Only a short path to beach and lovely clean sea. The food at the pool bar is excellent with free wi fi too. Drinks are also on a par with local bars. situated only a few minutes walk from the bars and restaurants so lovely and quiet in the nights. Rooms cleaned daily. Only downside is that if you try and shower late it may be a cold one. I would definitely stay here again if I came to this resort.

Room Tip: The new block is more modern but not as good a view and they share balconies. Not a problem really...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank a_preece1

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fantastic location with great views and really helpful staff. Lesley in reception is excellent as is Aris who manages the bar. The rooms are spacious and the airconditioning at €5 per room per night worked really well. My only grumble is that in an age where we had two TV's and air conditioning the hot water ran out in our ground floor apartment well before 6pm despite full days of sunshine and 38 degree temperatures resulting in stone cold showers. However the location and excellent pool far outweigh this typical Greek issue.

Would definitely return and ask for a room on a higher floor in the new block.

Don't expect too much from Thomas Cook, apart from telling us which was our coach we didn't see them for the rest of the holiday.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank woody_clare
Reviewed 12 August 2014

These apartments are very good and in a perfect location in San Stefonos just of main road in a quiet area but only a short walk to the main bars and restaurants, we were well looked after by the manager Lesley and her team, The snack/bar is run by Aris and make sure you book his Thursday night BBQ, great food and watch the sun set!
Thank You all for a great holiday.
Eggs and Bacon

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruces5314
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Vicky with my partner for a week in July and had a lovely experience. The apartments are comfortable and have lovely big balconies. We were lucky enough to get a sea view apartment on the top floor which came at no extra cost. The rooms were clean on arrival and the bins were emptied daily.

The staff are very friendly as were the rest clientele whilst we were there. After speaking to other residents we discovered that a lot of them go back there every year, I don't blame them.

The pool is spacious and there are plenty of sun loungers. The pool bar itself serves good quality food at a reasonable price.

San Stefanos is a lovely quiet resort, I would recommend it to couples wanting a relaxing getaway, there are plenty of good eateries. I recommend 2 Stars Greek restaurant as the food is very good and as the staff are very friendly, they couldn't do enough for us, we went back twice. I also recommend the Mediterranean Village Restaurant if you like sea food , they also make a very good braim if you are vegetarian. I would avoid Zorbas as the food appeared to be frozen and the steak was the same thing as the beef strip!

If you plan on going on a trip I would avoid the Paxos/Anti Paxos and blue caves trip. Although the places themselves were very nice you don't get enough time to look around. You spend 6 hours on the boat and only spend 30 mins in Anti Paxos and 2 hours in Paxos, by the time you have had your lunch it is too late to explore properly. The caves were disappointing to be honest, I was expecting them to be bigger and be able to explore them, we have better caves here in England (would recommend White Scar Cave in Yorkshire). If you want to go on a boat trip the glass bottom trips are far better but get booked up quickly.

The beach at San Stefanos is lovely (and Vicky is literally next to the beach). The sea is very shallow so it is completely safe for young children.

Overall, a highly recommended holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JGar1985
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in at end of June/beginning of July with my mum, aunt, daughter and sister in law. The apartments are lovely, typically Greek and beautifully clean. Our apartments were on the ground floor of the older block and overlooked the garden/bar area looking out towards the sea. We really liked them, they had lovely big balconies we sat out on and the rooms were of a good size.

The pool is fab and we used it one day when it got a bit windy on the beach. We had lunch at the Vicky bar a few times and really enjoyed our food and drinks. All very good.

San Stefanos is a small resort with a lovely beach. Much better down the Vicky apartment end, it was a bit seaweedy down the other end of the beach but the beds appeared to be free down there (they were 7.50 down the beach below the Vicky but were the nicest sunbeds I've ever been on).

We ate at a different restaurant every night and never had a bad meal. We had a super boat trip to Ericusa Island (I think it was called that) which we booked through San Stefanos Travel in the village. All in all, a lovely, relaxed holiday in a beautiful setting. Thanks to everyone who made it so :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Louiseleak
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After honeymooning at Vicky apartments last year we returned.I have got to admit everyday for 12 months we thought of San Stefonos and Vicky apartments the people we met the views from the balcony and of coarse the weather. So when we returned it was as though we had never left, the welcome warm so friendly ,the staff even remembered our names[Nikos and his wife greeted us like family so pleased to see us]The service we received 5 star every day from everybody that works there.
The room yes basic but it is the views from the balconies rival anywhere in the world especially when the sunsets.
As for the village I have read reviews about good places to eat in my mind Condor Bar takes some beating the staff there are fantastic and social nights are first rate[bar the Abba tribute girls,really pants].
Shop keepers we met last year remembered us and again greeted us not as tourists but friends.
One for the ladies who like handbags ,shoes and designer clothes and jewellery a good shop to go to is Elizabeth's opposite Condor bar see Michelle ,my wife loved it and spent a fortune there.

Room Tip: Higher the room the better the view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank adewool
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Vicky Apartments are in the most amazing location with the pool overlooking the beach. The beach is lovely and sandy and the sea is very shallow. When they say it is a steep climb from the beach they are not joking (see photo). The staff are all friendly and helpful, the bar at the apartments is very good value and all of the surrounding restaurants that we tried were excellent quality and really reasonably priced. This was the most relaxing and lazy holiday I think I have ever had. We were in the "old" block of the apartments and it has to be said that they are very dated and perhaps the cleaning in the bathroom could have been a little more thorough but frankly we don't go on holiday to do anything but sleep and have breakfast in the apartment so who cares! I would go back tomorrow if I could and do think that we will go back in the future. All in all a great holiday destination.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends