“A bit disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Custom Tour: Corfu in a Day
Ranked #1 of 172 things to do in Corfu
More attraction details
Owner description: This tiny, peaceful village dates back to Roman times; visitors can walk in the footsteps of ancient greats like Cicero and Emperor Nero.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Seeing the high rating made us have high expectations. It has a nice harbour, a ruined castle and most facilities shops tavernas and bars you would want. We felt it was looking tired and not much different from many other places and it could get rowdy. No street car parking unless you pay 2.50 euros or park outside the town.
There was a festival with greek dancing and music on the 11th of May in our stay which was free and different, but the next one isn't till October.

Visited May 2012

84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Wonderful town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is just a gorgeous town. I mean, it's Corfu, it's a given it will be beautiful. Plenty of delicious places to eat, I had the best tomato salad and Moussaka I've ever had in a place overlooking the main bay area, of the main strip. I sadly cannot recall the name of the place, but from all accounts from all my gaggle of friends, they were not disappointed at the places they ate either.

Plenty of shops for touristy stuff and also local goods. Easy to get buses to Corfu Town or cabs to other parts of the island. Also boat tours.

I enjoyed the beach quite a bit. I swam out there until I couldn't swim anymore, so very lovely and the views are just jaw dropping spectacular. You won me over, Kassiopi. I WILL come back. note: I was here October of 2010, I sadly cannot pick that date. I'm pretty certain the town is just as amazing now as it was a year and a half ago.

Visited October 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Lovely harbour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Kassiopi is a lovel little town sitting on a gentle slope that runs down towards a marvellous little harbour with some pleasant tavernas.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank McQuiscky
Nottingham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Pretty harbour town with views of Albania”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We visited Kassiopi very early in the season and were pleased to find most of the shops and restaurants already open (though sadly the car park was not!)

Kassiopi boasts a Byzantine castle on the top of the hill just above the harbour. You can walk right around the ruined walls and get spectacular views across to Albania, (but be careful as it really is crumbling in some places.)

Boat trips were available to Albania which was clearly visible only a few miles away and also along the coast to Corfu town

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Fanfloui
Larvik, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ones you've gone you never want to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Me and my family have been here at least once a year since 1996. There is no where in the world I would rather go than here (and I've been around the world).
The people of Kassi are the most welcoming and hospitable people I know.
I want to recommend this to everyone! Go and discover the paradice that is Kassiopi!

Visited April 2012