“A fantastic relaxing peaceful holiday - wonderful hotel”
Review of Stars Hotel

Stars Hotel
Ranked #35 of 760 Speciality Lodging in Corfu
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We've stayed here several times and have always found the hotel to be very clean and ALL the staff are extremely friendly. Stars has lovely gardens, clean roomswhich are more spacious than some we have stayed in in other islands. There are swings for the kids and a nice pool which is also kept very clean.
The food in the restaurant is very very good and is made fresh every day with fruit and veg they grow themselves.
Were a little confused by some of the reviews on here - we have never had any problem with eating in or out of the hotel - owner has even told us the best restaurants to eat in in the resort but we always found the hotel food better quality and value. We've also never found him or anyone else at the hotel to be rude or to watch over you like a hawk?
We have 2 young boys and the owner was very good about watching the pool for safety - perhaps that's what some people mean about watching?
Also never had a problem with buying things to take into our apartment?

Only problems we've ever had / witnessed are other English tourist who don't know how to behave with respect for others on holiday! Which of course the reps and owner have to deal with.....

It's about 5 / 10 mins walk from the main resort which is nice because at night you can't hear all the noise from the resort. It's a pleasant walk with various different routes you can take.

All in all we couldn't fault this hotel and will definitely keep returning to our bit of paradise again soon

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank TJ10

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My partner and I stayed at stars in september 2010 and had a brilliant time. We arrived at 2.30 in the morning after a 9 hour flight delay and Kostas the owner was sat up waiting for us and even offered us a beer. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and there is enough of everything in there it was certainly the biggest studio I have stayed in in Greece. The food cooked by Mila, Kostas wife is absolutely brilliant we ate the every day because we enjoyed it that much. Kostas and Mila work very hard and they go out of their way to make your holiday enjoyable we enjoyed it so much we hated coming home we could not have wished for a better holiday and I would recomend stars to anybodym We go back to St George south in 2 weeks and are upset we could not get in stars this time but we will be going back again later in the year and we will stay at stars.

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank edgey3
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I do laugh when I think back to the Star Studios.

The hotel is cheap & well, not so cheerful, very very far from the beach. You dont need to stay here, St Georges South is a charming little resort with some brilliant restaurants & lots of hotels.

The manager gets very very upset if he sees you with anthing that wasnt bought from the hotel... even if you return with an ice cream he will bring you to the office / bar and you'll feel like you are back at school!

Star Studios is typically greek - understated, basic - you cant really go wrong... well if you do end up here / or you have booked here just make sure you dont use the restaurant too often. Food is very poor...

The pool is quite nice - busy - family orientated... but you'll be watched like a hawk from the hotelier...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Sully_Caffs
dinakis, Manager at Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2011

Just few words because we must make things very clear.
Stars doesn't deal with a UK tour operator in JUNE or any other tour operator because always opens 1st week of July.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed at the Star Studios in Sept 2010 and found that it was good value for money.
I traveled with my boyfriend, we were 20 and 22 at the time of travel.

The rooms were basic, a fridge, kettle and 2 ring cooker. This is all we needed. The room was clean and the bathroom was typical for Greece. There was a washing line opposite the room which was handy.

It was only a 10minute walk to the center of St George. It is a quiet resort so good for a peaceful break.

We found Kostas never had a problem with us eating out, as we eat at the hotel and in the town. He works incredibly hard and is very helpful. Mila's cooking is very good, it should definitely we tried if you are staying at the studios.

Overall for the money paid we could not complain. Kostas does everything he can to ensure the guests are happy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Traveller23232323
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stars studios.

Stars is about 10 minutes from the beach has nice grounds, a small but adequate pool, pool table, darts, bar and taverna on site, which is set back from the road.

We booked a self catering studio for two people, when we arrived, alongside a couple who have been there for the past thirteen years.
We were treated exactly the same.
We found the owners welcoming and helpful.

The room one of the smallest on the site, was larger than some others I have stayed in and adequate for two people.
It was spotlessly clean and basically furnished. the cooking facilities consist of a two ringed cooker and a kettle ( the old couple next door produced an amazing array of food on the same equipment.)
You are supplied with one toilet roll, I have paid far more to stay in s/c acc in the U.K. and had the same.
Towels and linen were changed three times during the two week stay.

I had read a lot of reports on the net about the studios, in relation the owner, who only bothers with you if you eat there.

Well we ate there, three times in a fortnight. Twice on our last day (waiting for the plane). Plus a couple of snacks, on returning from beach.
The food was superb and the owner was still the same as the day when he first introduced himself to us
He provides entertainment at night, we did not take part in this, so I cannot comment on that.

WE could not keep our room on due to people arriving on other flights, Again we were not treated any different to the repeat customers, who also had to vacate there room.
We witnessed people taking exception to this and complaining at length.
Luck of the draw.

Would i stay at Stars again, Yes no problem.
Stephen

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UkBogbeast
Reviewed 23 October 2010

this year having less money available for a holiday after a difficult time, but needing a break, my partner and I booked the very reasonably priced stars. we were a little wary as this was a lower star rating than anywhere we had been before. How we needn't have worried! The apartments are absolutely spotless, we went in high season and yet the room looked as though it had been painted the day before, not a speck of dirt or dust anywhere. the facilities would not have been sufficient to cook a gourmet dinner party, but we were on holiday and had no intention of doing so!! We did not get clean towels every day, but we don't at home either and we didn't need them , and we didn't pay the premium for such a luxury as you do at 5star hotels, and this is not 5star. However the friendliness and service from the owners is definitely 5star and much more personal! the food is superb, and we did eat here regularly but not exclusively, and our host did not react badly, rather gave us very good advice on where to go and what to do. The swimming pool though not the largest was one of the cleanest I have ever seen, and I have travelled extensively. The price of food and drink was very reasonable, very welcome as we were on a budget! We also went on a night flight knowing this would be inconvenient at th end of the holiday, BUT NIGHT FLIGHTS ARE CHEAPER TO COMPENSATE FOR THIS, there are no courtesy rooms but this is a small complex not a 300bed hotel! as is standard in this country and most others, you are expected to vacate the room at midday so that it can be prepared for the next occupant as it was for you. we found this no hassle and our bags were looked after as were we until the bus arrived for us in the middle of the night. There was a mix of people staying at the same time, families with small children, teenagers, couples, and elderly, star studios accommodated and suited us all very well. We had a lovely relaxing time and star studios prove that fancy prices and fancy extras are not what makes a good holiday. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisa013
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This is a very difficult review to write as, initially, my wife and I and our two friends were very well received by Costas the owner and settled into our clean and comfortable apartment in the middle of the night upon arrival. It was our 3rd visit to St George's South but our first to Star's Apartments, and our friend's first visit to Greece. We took several meals at the on site restaurant and used the bar on a number of occasions thoroughly enjoying the quality of the food and engaged in friendly banter with the owner. All appeared to go well and the atmosphere was very good. As the week progressed we visited several different restaurants in the area as we wanted to see old friends and show our companions a variety of locations. It was then we all noticed a change in the attitude of Costas as he went from being friendly to being cold and aloof and took to calling me 'Sir' rather than using my name as he had done in the early few days. In all, we visited his restaurant 5 times and spent around 150 Euros on food and drink, which compared favourably with our other restaurant visits locally. On the last day of our holiday, Costas came to us and I could see that he was very angry, he was shaking and gulping as he spoke and, out of the blue, accused my wife of trying to encourage guests to visit other restaurants and accused her of showing disrespect to his restaurant and family business. He went further by saying also that my wife had asked other guests whether or not that were going to pay an extra 25 Euros to keep their rooms for the last day before our late flights home. He accused her of trying to talk other guests out of taking rooms. We had decided not to take the room as we had decided to go out for the day and did not see the point in keeping a room. All of these allegations were absolutely and categorically untrue and the attitude of Costas soured what had been a lovely holiday and upset my wife greatly. There was no call for what he said and, in over 30 years of travelling to Greece and around the world, we had never experienced such an outburst by any owner before. I can only assume that Costas was jealous of the fact that we visited other restaurants during our stay and did not take all our meals in his establishment. To have done this would have been unreasonable and would not have given us and our friends the opportunities to visit some beautiful locations, taking meals overlooking the beach etc. I found the owner's attitude worrying in the extreme and although the Star's Apartments are beautifully clean and provide good food etc, I could not possibly recommend the place to any future traveller in case they too should suffer an similar outburst to this one which would also ruin their holiday. I urge people to be on their guard against this owner.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank suffolkbirdie
dinakis, Manager at Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Very bad behaviour from the Lovely ''Sir'' and his wife.
They were very loud everytime they came to the restaurant and bar.
A lot of other people told me that the nights also they couldn't sleep because ''Sir'' and his wife were very noisy.
The problem was that they couldn't stand drinking and they were drinking a lot.
Our cctv cameras can prove everything anytime.
''Sir'' didn't say the trouth because
why anyone, not to like a customer, who spends his money at the bar???
Why??
Because the customers were out of order all the time. That's why.
Also, we were very happy that they didn't spend all their nights in our place because
the other guests, were complaining about ''Sir'''s behaviour.
One night he bothered also a lady, by saying to her to go to his room,of course as a ''joke''because he is nearly 70 years old and he tried to kiss her in front of her husband.
I tried really hard to keep the husband and his lady calm,that night,because it was very clear that our ''Sir'' was paraletic.
Anyway,
Alchool doesn't help noone and some people they do not know how to handle it.
Stars never needed similar type of guests,fortunately.
I hope that our ''Sir'' becomes my neighboor, in the near future.