“Taverna Dionysos - (across the road from Loulass Village)”
Review of Dionysos taverna

Dionysos taverna
Ranked #1,036 of 1,230 Restaurants in Corfu
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Cliff top taverna serving great beer and mezzes
Description: Cliff top taverna serving great beer and mezzes
Cork, Ireland
“Taverna Dionysos - (across the road from Loulass Village)”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I think there is some confusion about 2 restaurants - both within a short distance of each other - with the same name!!!!!!! This review is for Taverna Dionysos across the road from Loulass Village - it is a garden setting - not on the beach.

We just adored this little taverna. As I said it was literally across the road from our apartment. You can sit out in the garden or inside - we opted to sit in the taverna - as it was lovely to watch the Granny cooking in the open kitchen - (I like to think that's what she was anyway) - and the smell from the wood burner was gorgeous!!! We could have been anywhere in the world.

The food was simply magnificient - it was so unusual and brilliant. We visited on several occasions - but the first night we went was just so memorable - I will review that night. We had a curry/honey kofta starter - really good - brilliant flavours. They also do divine boneless spare ribs. Their bread was the best we had all week in Corfu. I was disappointed that they had sold out of Courgette Flowers - which sounded amazing. My husband thought he had died and gone to heaven when he saw they did 'Liver and Bacon'. It was just as good as his Mothers - now thats some compliment believe me - it is a skill that has eluded me!!!! I had the lamb chops - cooked to perfection with a fantastic hot cabbage salad and joy of joys - a baked potato (no chips!!!!). We just had to try their chocolate cake and yoghurt with honey - both were exquisite. We also had a beer and a small carafe of house wine. Service was flawless. Food was sublime. Atmosphere was so quaint and romantic. We loved this restaurant to bits. The bill for all the above was less than €40.

Again I stress - this review is for Taverna Dionysos - across from Loulass Village Apartments- which is about a 10 minute walk from the main cluster of beach restaurants in Messonghi.

• Visited October 2012

Belgrade, Serbia
“A delightful taverna in a garden setting”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Dionysos tavern is located near Psara, Messongi. It has a garden, comfortable surroundings and excellent food. Calf liver, lamb and pita bread with feta cheese was delicious. Red, semi sweet house wine smelled of roses. Be sure to visit if you are in Corfu, even if you are not placed in close proximity.

• Visited July 2012