Me, my wife and my then one year old son stayed at the Louis Kerkyra Golf (Louis Family Resort) in May 2014. A cheaper rate because it was slightly early in the holiday season which was abundantly clear as areas of the resort were not open. I would love to give this resort it's fourth star, but there is some fibre in my being which is not allowing me. Perhaps displaying my reasonings as bulletpoint pro and cons might help me to establish my final decision
+ Faultlessly clean, from the rooms and hallways to the restaurants and pool areas.
+ The on-site oriental restaurant has amazing scran, although use is limited.
+ Most of the staff, Thomson employees, cleaners, receptionists, entertainers are a delight.
+ The vast majority of children adored the evening family entertainment.
+ The views across to Albania are breath-taking.
+ The children's soft play centers and playgrounds are brilliant.
- The two pools were criminally cold. We hated them and never utilised them.
- The variety of buffet food was very good, but the overall quality wasn't all that.
- The resort is located under regular flight paths.
- The beach isn't really a beach at all.
- The daytime entertainment staff could be more pro-active, activities go unnoticed.
- Some staff, this may be controversial, are more occupied with their free breakfast, lunch and dinner from the buffet restaurant (perks of the job) than they are with the hotel guests.
- It's 2014, and the free hotel WiFi is appalling. You have to sit in reception, pray you pick something up, then you're online for a limited time and it just stops working.
In summary, I almost left feeling rather frustrated. As all the potential is there, but as my cons list suggests, there a niggling issues which both me and my wife picked up on. To be fair, if asked, I would probably recommend this hotel, but would I stay again myself? No, I will continue to sample different resorts in different countries until I find 'the one'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This well-kept holiday complex lies directly on the gently-sloping, sandy beach, 3km to Corfu town. Comfortable, elegant, cozy. 95 Hectares of wonderful gardens. Ideal for families and sports lovers. All inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your TUI FAMILY LIFE Kerkyra Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Kerkyra Golf Hotel Corfu
- Iberostar Kerkyra Hotel
- Iberostar Corfu