“Part of the family!”

Ranked #2 of 735 Speciality Lodging in Corfu
London, United Kingdom
“Part of the family!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

If I ever go back to Corfu I would DEFINITELY stay here again!
Caroline makes you feel like youre part of the family!
The apartments were clean and tidy.
We didnt use the kitchen area as we always ate out but it had all the amenities and utensils that you would need.
The apartment may be a fair walk to the beach (20minutes walk, 5 euros taxi) but it really wasnt a problem for us, I quite like the walk every day :)
You will have to buy your own toilet paper, there is a supermarket on the way to the beach opposite a petrol station but you can buy a pack of 6 one litre bottles of water from the bar which saves you dragging it back from the supermarket on a hot day!
I liked the fact that the apartments were built further in on the grounds so that passers by, especially coaches, could not see what you were doing which is something you definitely appreciate!! (You'll understand what I mean you take the walk to the beach because along the main road you'll come across many apartments that practically have no privacy for guests that want to relax by the pool, you can see and hear everything!)
The pool looked clean though Im more of a beach person so I didnt use the pool. There were enough sun beds to go around.
They also had a puppy called Pepe, which kept us entertained :D
The food...Mamas cooking...Where do I begin...
Possibly the ONLY authentic Greek food there was on the Island!!
There was so many times we'd grab lunch at Mama's then head out to explore the Island then decide we want a decent home cooked hearty meal, so we'd head straight back to Mama's kitchen!! Why waste any more money on the several restaurants we tried out when the taste was so Westernised?!
(Ive been to Kos and the food there was amazing, when I booked this trip to Corfu I was actually excited about being able to gorge on amazing Greek cuisine again! But the restaurants we did visit was so disappointing)
Back to Mama's kitchen:
Greek night - the BBQ was amazing! Its a must if you stay here!
The performance they had planned was almost ruined by the freak storm! But they bought the entertainment indoors - it included a lot of fire and dancing!!

I honestly highly recommend this place, not just because its clean and tidy with amazing food. The most important factor is that Caroline and her whole family make you feel so welcome, like you're part of the family.
Caroline will take the time to get to know everyone that stays at her apartment, she'll crack jokes with you, share her personal stories with you but most of all, just make you feel so comfortable.

Caroline and family, I sincerely hope we will see you soon

Kat&Simon x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KittyKat_182

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
helen2912
Reviewed 30 September 2013

These apartments are lovely, the rooms being a very generous size & very good value for the money. The biggest assets tho are the lovely warm, friendly, hard working family who own the place.

I travelled alone & was made so very welcome by Caroline, who made me feel very comfortable from the moment she handed me a large, & much needed beer when I arrived, until the big hug I received when I left at the end of the week. I had an apartment in the old block, overlooking the open spaces at the back. The apartment was very charming, with a large bedroom & separate kitchen with room for a table & chairs.

The pool was spotlessly clean, & the garden areas were lovely, with plenty of space for sun beds. The food, cooked by Mama was lovely & very good value for money, as we're the bar prices.

All in all, I would certainly recommend the apartments & especially the lovely warm hospitality from Caroline, Mama & Papa. Thanks for a wonderful holiday to you all xx

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank helen2912
Staffordshire
Reviewed 30 September 2013

what a great holiday. Arrived around 11.30pm on Saturday21st September. Immediately greeted by Carolain with a drink and toastie on the house. This is the friendliest place we have been to (and we have travelled a lot!) Carolain is the hostess with the mostest and is loved by all. Rooms are basic but adequate and very clean with towels being changed daily. Papa keeps the pool and grounds immaculate and Mama's cooking is delicious. Nothing is too much trouble and we met some lovely people. It is a bit of a walk into Sidari (approx. 25 minutes) or a short taxi drive for 6 Euros. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. We will definitely be going back as soon as we can.
John and Mandy, Staffordshire.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank john W
Chudleigh Knighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We are just back from a weeks stay at Goudelis Apartments (we are a couple in our 30's). When we arrived (at about 1am), Caroline (who is really lovely) was there to welcome us with a free beer each. We had a room in the new apartment block. The resort is set back just off the main road, which I liked because you didn't have every tour bus peering in as they drove past!

The apartment was really clean, and although I couldn't figure out the air con, we actually found we didn't need it, the room was really cool. The room was cleaned every day and the towels were changed every other day. The utensils are very basic, there is no oven, just 2 rings and a kettle. You will have to buy toilet roll and washing up cloth & liquid.

The apartments are quite far out of town, but we were prepared for this after reading the reviews. It is about 10-15 min walk to the supermarkets (use the one behind the petrol station as it is a lot cheaper) and then another 15 min walk to Sidari centre. A taxi is 6 euros (7 euros to Canal d'amour). You can buy a 6 pack (litre) of water from the bar to save you carrying this back.

The pool is lovely with plenty of sun beds. They didn't have the BBQ or Greek night while we were there which was disappointing. We ate there once and the food was nice. We had omelettes which were delicious (they come with chips inside). A large beer will only set you back 2.5 euros (similar price to town).

Overall, our stay was excellent, the only downside was the distance from town. I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stace72
Romford
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I travelled with my son on a 12 night stay from end August to 6th September. I cannot praise this place enough. We were very well looked after by Caroline and her family from day one and I just wish we were back there now. The appartments are a fair walk from the centre of Sidari but for us, that was ideal. Mama's cooking was superb so we regularly ate there.The Greek dancing and BBQ nights were great fun and not to be missed. However, the real joy of this place is the genuine warmth from this lovely family throughout your stay.
To Caroline, Billy, Mama, Papa and the boys... Thank you so much, I hope we can get back to see you again next year.

Andrew and Adam

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank andy f
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back yesterday from one of the best holidays we've had.

The weather, service and the place was great.

Our first night was a Greek night and a fabulous start. Yes the walk into sidari was 25 minutes but a lovely one and scenic. We hired a quad for several days and went to Kassiopi and Agios Stefanos
which were lovely places to visit.

We were greeted by Caroline and she went out of her way to make us comfortable at all times. The rooms were comfy, the pool great and the food great. You have to try one of Mamas Special Omelettes. Mmmmmm

We met some great people during our 2 week stay and hope to see again. My birthday was on the final Greek night and was made special for me in more than one way. Wow.

Our regret was, having to come home though the memories will stay forever.

Thank you Caroline and your family. Hope to see you other guys soon too.

Our love

Mark & Marion xx

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Jellygo
crowthorne
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed 10th to 17th September 2013. An EXCELLENT place, lovely people and a truly great experience. From the second we arrived Caroline made us feel so welcome, she is certainly one of life's beautiful people and makes everyone's experience at the Goudelis Apartments a happy one. It is a family run complex with Mama in the kitchen cooking and Papa keeping the grounds looking beautiful. We stayed in Apartment 16 which was perfectly adequate for our needs. The bath is a little small with a hand held shower but it didn't cause a problem and the warm welcome, great friendly atmosphere and the incredible hospitality shown by Caroline makes up for any minor faults. Sidari town is about a 30 to 40 minute walk which we did most days or a taxi costs 6 euro. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and a few tourist shops. Most bars lay on entertainment each evening with tribute acts which were all excellent! The people of Corfu that we came into contact with were friendly, helpful and very welcoming. I would recommend the Goudelis Apartments and will be returning soon, in fact I can't wait and I am missing Caroline and her family already.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the pool. The complex offers such a warm friendly atmosphere. Our stay ther...