“mixed”

Goudelis Apartments
Ranked #3 of 771 Speciality Lodging in Corfu
Reviewed 2 October 2013

we stayed on 19th july 2013 for two weeks, myself my two children and my elderly mother. originally we had not booked to stay here but the travel company had double booked us. on arrival which was about 5 in the morning a sign had been left with our room number so we could go straight sleep. as others have pointed out the beds are hard but I think that's the same in the majority of places in corfu? caroline and her family were very welcoming and the food served was tasty and reasonable priced, but as another person commented there was a large group which overtook everyone else in priority, and as they sat by the pool drinking and being rowdy all day it did spoil it. when they left it was a lot more peaceful and pleasant and service seemed a lot quicker. the rooms are basic like most places in corfu, if you need any extra utensils you just have to ask. my biggest bugbear with this place is the location, its over 2km out of town, and in the heat, on a main road with mad drivers it just wasn't suitable for us, although taxis are available if your on a budget it adds up. we are going to go back to sidari for the third time but definatly making sure we are located in the centre where we booked to go originally. the bbq night and entertainment was excellent though!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 621Em1979

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were not supposed to have a holiday this year, as the finances were stretched to the max, but I managed to find a cheap holiday on the On the Beach site. I checked the reviews on trip advisor and seeing they were excellent I decided to book for 4th-18th September 2013. I must say that my husband was a bit skeptical as he likes his luxury holidays and dos'nt do self catering full stop! He also thought the reviews were too good to be true and were fabricated. So what did we find?
After an arduous journey from Sheffield starting at 10 am, we staggered into the Goudelis bar 11 hours later to be greeted by the lovely Caroline's beaming smile, and a couple of pints of very cold and very welcome free beer!!!. That was the start of the best holiday ever. We never stopped laughing!! Nothing was too much trouble for Caroline or her family They worked tirelessly day and night to make their guests happy. We stayed in room 9 and I loved it! it overlooked the beautiful rolling countryside and was so quiet, it was ground floor and so convenient for the bar and pool!.The pool area was beautiful with plenty of sun loungers and the pool was spotless. The room was basic as everyone describes, no aircon but beautifully cool because of the high ceilings, and spotlessly clean, and as Yvonne said in her review, we left money, ipods and electrical items around the room all the time and nothing was ever moved or touched. The cleaning staff were lovely. We tended to eat out a lot, but we did keep salad cold meats, eggs and fresh crusty bread to make a quick snack in the fridge along with beer and water of course.

The full english cooked by Mama was excellent value at 5 euros 50, and we had it most days. Also her beef stifado was to die for. Papa's barbeque night was fabulous with so much wonderful barbequed lamb chops, steak, chicken, pork chops, souvlaki chips and salad, and all cooked to perfection...I don't know how he does it! and the entertainment, greek dancing was wow wow wow!!! all for 12 euros each!! we went both weeks! And last but not least, not to forget Caroline's wonderful cocktails...I lost count how many times I had a screaming orgasm or sex on the beach!!!

We were treated like family whilst we were there by all the Goudeli family, who knew ALL the guests by name, including children.It really was just like staying with old friends. Everything positive anyone has ever written on trip advisor about this place is absolute truth. Its a fabulous place to come. Yes its a fair walk to the beach and the strip, but we did it and it was'nt a problem for us, we got a taxi back for 6 euros. We loved the meals at Salt and Pepper just up the road, and we also recommend B.E.D on the strip.The food is fantastic especially the steak, which was the best i have ever eaten!...and the entertainment there is good too. The grounds are kept beautifully by the family, the place is a gem!
We were there at the same time as Ron Robbins and Grace his wife, Yvonne, Dots and Michaela, Sophie and Scott, Marion and Mark, Kyleigh and Wes and a few others who have written reviews and we, like they, have had a fabulous holiday and will definitely be returning to our new found family at the Goudelis in the future!
Thanks Caroline, Billy, Mama Alexandra and and Papa and all the friends we met there, especially Kerrie and Sam, Yvonne, Dots and Michaela, Mary and Lewis, Hayley and Rob and Marion and Mark for a brilliant, brilliant holiday!!!
love to you all
Marcia and Robert xx

3  Thank MarciaJQ
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at Goudelis from the 5th-17 sept and what a fantastic place this is .We arrived about 9-45 pm and was given a lovely welcome from Caroline and Billy with a free drink and a cup of tea for my husband as he does not anything else and Billy was kind to make us a toastie !The atmosphere is warm and friendly you can sense that straight away ,as Caroline has a infectious laugh .
Our room was number 7 and it was huge and spotless ,there was only myself ,husband and 13year old daughter and it could sleep 6.In the kitchen/dining room had a cooker and a and huge fridge freezer . I emailed Caroline previously and asked her for a bath rather than a shower and we had one and it had a shower too .
The meals that Mama cooks are so lovely ,try mamas omelette but its enough for 2 people and you must try Carolines cocktails ....mouth watering .
Cleaners came in every day and are very trust worthy .I left money out and ipod charging and always greeted us with a beautiful smile .
Papa is always smiling and he is always on the go in fact all of the family are so hard working
and work long hours they treat you well,. I can understand people returning as its such a beautiful place they treat you well and that's why people return as i want to go back there !!We also met some wonderful folk.So once again Caroline ,Billy and boys ,Mama and Pappa thank you for a fabulous holiday and cant wait to visit you again Mr and Mrs D and Machaela x

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed 30 September 2013

If I ever go back to Corfu I would DEFINITELY stay here again!
Caroline makes you feel like youre part of the family!
The apartments were clean and tidy.
We didnt use the kitchen area as we always ate out but it had all the amenities and utensils that you would need.
The apartment may be a fair walk to the beach (20minutes walk, 5 euros taxi) but it really wasnt a problem for us, I quite like the walk every day :)
You will have to buy your own toilet paper, there is a supermarket on the way to the beach opposite a petrol station but you can buy a pack of 6 one litre bottles of water from the bar which saves you dragging it back from the supermarket on a hot day!
I liked the fact that the apartments were built further in on the grounds so that passers by, especially coaches, could not see what you were doing which is something you definitely appreciate!! (You'll understand what I mean you take the walk to the beach because along the main road you'll come across many apartments that practically have no privacy for guests that want to relax by the pool, you can see and hear everything!)
The pool looked clean though Im more of a beach person so I didnt use the pool. There were enough sun beds to go around.
They also had a puppy called Pepe, which kept us entertained :D
The food...Mamas cooking...Where do I begin...
Possibly the ONLY authentic Greek food there was on the Island!!
There was so many times we'd grab lunch at Mama's then head out to explore the Island then decide we want a decent home cooked hearty meal, so we'd head straight back to Mama's kitchen!! Why waste any more money on the several restaurants we tried out when the taste was so Westernised?!
(Ive been to Kos and the food there was amazing, when I booked this trip to Corfu I was actually excited about being able to gorge on amazing Greek cuisine again! But the restaurants we did visit was so disappointing)
Back to Mama's kitchen:
Greek night - the BBQ was amazing! Its a must if you stay here!
The performance they had planned was almost ruined by the freak storm! But they bought the entertainment indoors - it included a lot of fire and dancing!!

I honestly highly recommend this place, not just because its clean and tidy with amazing food. The most important factor is that Caroline and her whole family make you feel so welcome, like you're part of the family.
Caroline will take the time to get to know everyone that stays at her apartment, she'll crack jokes with you, share her personal stories with you but most of all, just make you feel so comfortable.

Caroline and family, I sincerely hope we will see you soon

Kat&Simon x

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KittyKat_182
Reviewed 30 September 2013

These apartments are lovely, the rooms being a very generous size & very good value for the money. The biggest assets tho are the lovely warm, friendly, hard working family who own the place.

I travelled alone & was made so very welcome by Caroline, who made me feel very comfortable from the moment she handed me a large, & much needed beer when I arrived, until the big hug I received when I left at the end of the week. I had an apartment in the old block, overlooking the open spaces at the back. The apartment was very charming, with a large bedroom & separate kitchen with room for a table & chairs.

The pool was spotlessly clean, & the garden areas were lovely, with plenty of space for sun beds. The food, cooked by Mama was lovely & very good value for money, as we're the bar prices.

All in all, I would certainly recommend the apartments & especially the lovely warm hospitality from Caroline, Mama & Papa. Thanks for a wonderful holiday to you all xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank helen2912
Reviewed 30 September 2013

what a great holiday. Arrived around 11.30pm on Saturday21st September. Immediately greeted by Carolain with a drink and toastie on the house. This is the friendliest place we have been to (and we have travelled a lot!) Carolain is the hostess with the mostest and is loved by all. Rooms are basic but adequate and very clean with towels being changed daily. Papa keeps the pool and grounds immaculate and Mama's cooking is delicious. Nothing is too much trouble and we met some lovely people. It is a bit of a walk into Sidari (approx. 25 minutes) or a short taxi drive for 6 Euros. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. We will definitely be going back as soon as we can.
John and Mandy, Staffordshire.

4  Thank john W
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We are just back from a weeks stay at Goudelis Apartments (we are a couple in our 30's). When we arrived (at about 1am), Caroline (who is really lovely) was there to welcome us with a free beer each. We had a room in the new apartment block. The resort is set back just off the main road, which I liked because you didn't have every tour bus peering in as they drove past!

The apartment was really clean, and although I couldn't figure out the air con, we actually found we didn't need it, the room was really cool. The room was cleaned every day and the towels were changed every other day. The utensils are very basic, there is no oven, just 2 rings and a kettle. You will have to buy toilet roll and washing up cloth & liquid.

The apartments are quite far out of town, but we were prepared for this after reading the reviews. It is about 10-15 min walk to the supermarkets (use the one behind the petrol station as it is a lot cheaper) and then another 15 min walk to Sidari centre. A taxi is 6 euros (7 euros to Canal d'amour). You can buy a 6 pack (litre) of water from the bar to save you carrying this back.

The pool is lovely with plenty of sun beds. They didn't have the BBQ or Greek night while we were there which was disappointing. We ate there once and the food was nice. We had omelettes which were delicious (they come with chips inside). A large beer will only set you back 2.5 euros (similar price to town).

Overall, our stay was excellent, the only downside was the distance from town. I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

1  Thank Stace72