“Great beach resort, but shame about the apartments!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corfu
Tzevenos Apartments
Ranked #13 of 218 Corfu B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great beach resort, but shame about the apartments!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here in Sept 2011 and found the owners to be very bad mannered,we arrived at 3am after a flight delay so were very tired but the welcome we received was non existent to start with there was no friendly "hello" even though it was early hours,no manners at all. The room did not have any tea making facilities so we bought our own little kettle and cups next day,we were on B+B basis and sorry we bothered it was only toast and coffee on offer. Then we had to buy toilet rolls ourselves.The towels only changed about twice in a week which is not right when we are used to every day i even had to clean the sink myself as it was not done every day either!!!! The owners were ignorant towards us hardly a smile in a week and her husband sat with his back to us all the time we were in the restaurant he never said a word either. We are so used to the lovely greek people in the rest of Corfu and on other islands being so warm and friendly at least a smile would have helped ease our stay! Then on our last day we asked how much to stay later in the room and she tried to charge us 20 euro when another couple we spoke to said they paid 15 euro for the same time as us,so my husband told her this and she said "ok 15 then" without a changed emotion on her face!!!! We never sat by the pool once because they made us feel uncomfortable so we never had any drinks there at all and i think that is why they didn't like us but it was not us as we are easy going and always friendly towards people,i have just noticed the last review and thought i would let you know our experience anyway we would not recommend this place and that's why my review is late to let others know so they can be aware of it. We are thinking of going back to St.George again this September as the beach is so nice and the little village is peaceful and relaxing, but we wont be staying here there are some lovely hotels in the village and are looking to book one of them. It hasn't put us off the resort at all just these apartments which is a shame it could have been so different.

2 Thank Marie247970

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Essex england
Reviewed 11 October 2012

After two weeks staying at the Tzevenos in ST George, me and my boyfriend were thinking..... What a shame we stayed here!!!

St George is a beautiful, rustic little place, with superb tavernas, bars and beach.... however we regretted booking at the Tzevenous.

Our holiday provider suggested we 'upgrade' for a small extra fee to b&b (Always going self catering before this experience - We thought we would treat ourselfs)
Considering we were staying for a two week period, you would have thought we would have a few cups, cutlery, maybe a plate......no, NOTHING!!! No kettle, or hob....not even a knife.
The only items provided were two dirty glasses which were found in the bathroom.

When I approached the lady who owns the apartments, I was greeted, as always with an unpleasant grunt & suggested that ....'if you wanted drink....You by at bar!' ( At an outstanding price!)

Our breakfast consisted of two peices of dry toast & 1 Cup of tea / coffee. We were told (as blunt as can) be on our first morning.....'You want extra... You pay extra!' This applys even if you want to swap for orange juice!!
This woman really is as rude as can be with no people skills at all, She was miserable, unhelpful & honestly should not be the face of any esablishment.

We thought as first maybe it was a language barrier.... but she understands lots of english....until you ask for something from her!!!

Our Room appeared to be cleaned every two days, however... our beds were made nicley..but when we got in...they had sand in from the day before!!! uurrgghh

Our towels were filthy & Did not get willinly changed, unless we threw them in the shower!! :(

Our ashtray was NEVER empited the whole time we stayed there & our outside terrece light was broken beyond repair. So it was fortunate we took tee lights!

A graveyard of squashed knats from hoiday-goers before remain on the walls & we had a horrid eggy smell which greeted us from the pipes in the morning.

We was never given any toilet roll, unless we asked for it...and this was clearly something she did NOT want to do. I was left confused of the definition of self catering & bed & breakfast, This is something that needs to defined within this aprt/hotel. After talking to other people staying here, I can only suggest if you do choose to stay here do NOT BOOK B&B, it seems lke you really get the short straw if you do!!

We did not spend much time at our room, mainly due to the unfriendly nature of the lady & man owners. They made you feel like you were a pain, when you request to get your £ out. They were not welcoming & when asked about the local buses / places to visit, they would simply shrug and turn away. In all of my years of visiting Greece, this was so unusual!! I have always found that Greece people were the complete opposite, I think this made this unfortunate situation so much more upsetting.

When you go on holiday, particualy to places such as Corfu, you dont expect alot, but a smile does not cost anything .... but in 14days a smile was never found.

One morning after a night down the local taverna, the lady grunted....'What time you get in last night? Huh!???' Which I thought was ironic, as the Greek people themselfs traditionally do not go to bed until very late & actually were the ones encouraging us to stay out with them!!
My boyfiend and I made a joke of it, but she was dead serious... she said again
'What time, huh??' ..........................This for me was not only insainly rude but completly detrimental our stay. Feeling like every morning we would questioned about what time we got in!!
This happened on several occasions and to two other couples we spoke with during our stay!

IF THEY WANT THERE CUSTOMERS TO BE IN BED BY MIDNIGHT, THEN THEY SHOULD STATE IT ON THERE WEBSITE!!!!!

We are by no means a loud couple, but when we are on our holidays we like to enjoy the long evenings in a bar along the beach.
is this not what holidays are all about?
Does the customer who has paid to stay at the apartment, not have the right to come and go as they please? - NOT HERE!

To top it off on the last day, around 9.30am our bus was picking us up. We sat with our luggage waitng, and started talking to another couple.Me and my boyf are both 27 yrs old & the couple were both around 40 we begain exchanging tales of the vacation. When we were interuppted by a 'SssssssHHHHHHHhhhh!!! People Sleeping!' .... I could bite my lip no longer & told the hag that she was rude & needed to cheer up!!

The nice lady I was talking with, said that she had not been spoken to like that for a long time & was really shocked!

Taking into consideration the current affairs in Greece, you would have thought that we would have been encourged to return, with a 'thanks and please stay again' However this woman made no attempt gain our custom.

I will not give up on Greece, as I know the people are kind, generous and good natured. With lovely views & clear skies. I have however, given up on this place.....it is unforgettable for all the wrong reasons & We would never return

Do yourself a favour....stay in St.George. South, visit the everlasting beach & wonderful resaurants & Bars such as, Alex's Pizza, La Perla, SeaGulls & many more....but whatever you do....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Bed & Breakfast = NO cutlery/cups.... NOTHING!!!! Woman owner is unfriendly & rude!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rissa J
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We have just returned from the Tzevenos and felt had to write our first ever review. We thoughly enjoyed ourselves in the Tzevenos and would not hesitate in recomending it to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in Corfu. It is a superb place for a anyone (with the possible exception of party animals) with great food and very friendly staff who treat you like one of the family. The B&B room we had was very big and spotlessly clean with towel change every other day.The restaurants in the main part of the village (about 300 yards away) are all good but we would recomment Panorama, Seagulls and Oceana in particular.The main breach is sandy,very clean and so long you will get a section to yourself if thats what you prefer. You can catch the bus for Corfu town right outside the hotel, it costs roughly 3 euros each, and is well worth a visit. Our only regret is we didnt take driving licences with us as there are mopeds and quad bikes for hire to explore Corfu a bit more. We would return without any hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fiona401
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Ive just returned from Tzevenos.

I arrived with my expectations all based on reviews from here - I was certainly prepared for ok - but what I got was just perfect for me traveling alone.

Self catering room is basic - twin beds (which they moved together for me) - 2 electric hobs, sink a fridge, kettle and even a hairdryer (which was actually ok !) and shower etc. I had a room at the rear where I had the sun all afternoon. It was cleaned every other day without fail - and there are safes available if you need them. The family that run it are lovely - the wife never ever stops from early morning doing breakfast (which are from 4 euros for 1 x bacon sausage egg fried bread) to joining in on quiz nights! All food I had there was lovely - but just a 5 min walk to the main 'strip' there are many restaurants - all I tried and all had fantastic food - no idea of portion control at all though so take your elasticated trousers!!

Tzevenos is on a road BUT its not that busy and you dont actually notice after a while - the pool is amazing, the food great and the beer always cold!

I met some lovely people and my only complaint is I wish Id stayed longer!

Ill definitely be back next year!!

Ill post photos shortly too.

Room Tip: if you want sun in the evening ask for a room at rear
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ammaslady
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

stayed here august 2012 and found the accomadation great value for money greece is basic but this place is a nice place to stay as long as you dont expect the ritz.rooms are clean have enough room for two and are in a great location the owners are friendly the pool great and food and drink are value for money 3 euros a pint and a meal around 7 euros'
the beach is a three minuite walk and is long and sandy the resort is unspoilt and the people very friendly i am a young 48 year old and loved it here food was good in every resturant we went into and we done them all bar two stayed for 10 days was not enough if you want a relaxing holiday try it here you wont be disapointed will be going back next year as i have been informed by the wife

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lolmercer
Southend,Essex United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We have just got back from a 10 day holiday at these apartments and we had a lovely time the owners welcome you into their home like you are one of the family. The rooms are very clean and sheets & towels are changed regulary. We found all the staff & other guests friendly and would recommend this hotel we hope to go back as soon as we can.
the resort is lovely with beautiful beaches and plenty of friendly tavernas offering very good value meals
A great place for couples and families

2 Thank Pauline652
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

If you like being treated like a naughty child then this is the place for you.we are a couple who wanted a care free relaxing holiday but staying at this hotel was like being with our parents,in fact they would be more relaxed.the owners constantly spoke Greek in front of us,clearly about us which made us feel very uncomfortable.we were served pieces of cardboard every morning,we booked bed and breakfast but the so called toast was the only food we were allowed.they constantly tried to squeeze any money out of us,making snide comments when we chose to eat on the strip instead of eating the overpriced tripe they served. They only like people who spend all their time and money in the morgue that is this hotel.the family were so rude and unwelcoming and kicked us out on the last night because they tried to charge us extra air con for days that we weren't even there. They made sure on the last day we checked out early so we were left with no room for 14 hours,we went to the beach. St George south is nice but stay away from this shambles.

Room Tip: Hotel is a joke
2 Thank Wolfdog123