“Great Boat Trip To The Blue Lagoon & Paxos”

Britannia Cruises - Corfu Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Pandis family was one of the first families in the south of the island to take advantage of the opportunity to work in tourismto take advantage of the opportunity to work in tourism; they started out with one small boat not much bigger then a fishing boat to transfer the few tourists that came to the south of the island to Paxos. Over the years the business has grown and so has the family, we have kept it personal and take great care in what we do, we are successful because we care, we see our clients as people not numbers and rely on our costumers coming back a second and a third time. We can confidently say that we are the best at what we do because we care about what we are doing, we recognize that when someone books our excursion that it should make their holiday a better one which is why we try and make it as special as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My companion and I were staying in Benitses, Corfu. We were staying at the Elli Marina hotel. We asked the hotel owner about a cruise. He was able to set up a cruise for us, to Blue Lagoon, visiting Paxos, for the next morning. We gave him the $30 cruise fee, and paid the agency. The next morning, we walked across the street, to Oscar's Travel, to be picked up. They told us to be there (agency hadn't opened yet, but stand in front of it), at 8:50 AM. We were picked-up around 9:00 AM, with a comfortable charter bus. We were then bused to Lefkimmi Port, where we gave our receipts to a rep., before boarding the boat. The tour was taken in mid-May, so the boat had a nice amount of people, but not overly packed. Everyone had a decent seat. We were informed that there were restrooms on board, as well as, a bar and food/snacks available. They announced that we would be entering giant sea caves, and going to the Blue Lagoon, where people could swim in the beautiful clear water, for around an hour. Entering the caves was a great experience. Once the boat started to back away from the caves, and you look at the mountain side above, you will be in awe at how far up it is. About this time, one of the crewmen, had fired up some coals on the bbq, to prepare souvlaki and sausage. When they were done, they were sold at the snack bar, for 2 or 3 euros each, and came with a small piece of bread... so good! Once arrived at the Blue Lagoon, your eyes are in shock, as the water is so beautifully clear and a vibrant, turquoise blue. Although, i didn't get into the water, i watched others jump in and enjoy the experience. It's a great photo opportunity... for sure. Then we went to the the island of Paxos. There, you could deboard the boat, to walk around or dine at a harbor front restaurant, for about hour and a half. We then got back on the boat, for the return to Lefkimmi Port. The boat arrived to port, between 4 & 5 PM. We got on the waiting bus, and were returned to our pick-up points. I would imagine that if you wanted to get off at another stop, you could do so. Although, you would be on your own, to get back to your original stop. We had a great time on this trip. It was a wonderful experience.

All reviews
"club sandwich"
"relaxing atmosphere"
"greek dancing"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The cruise to Paxos and Antipaxos was amazing. Boat is very nice, cozy. Crew was very polite and helpful. Music is great. Crew was dancing Sirtaki and singing! The views is charming and taking breath. Im gonna repeat it. Love it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I liked the trip to the Blue Lagoon and Syvota.

Pros
Friendly staff
Great views
We stopped near some sea caves and there were two opportunities to swim in the sea.
Got some amazing shots on my underwater camera of schools of fish.

Cons
The boat did seem very crowded but it was manageable.
We would love to see some lockers on the boat- we were very reluctant like some others to leave all our valuables on the boat whilst swimming.
The trip to sivota was quite long when you are in wet swimwear. It would probably be more sensible to travel to the mainland first then allow swimming opportunities after that.
The BBQ isn't really a BBQ. Comes with a lot of salad which no one can eat with their fingers so leave. Quite wasteful. I ordered and paid for food instead which I was happy to do.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

An absolutely amazing trip which I would highly recommend to anyone. I went on the paxos/antipaxos trip and the views were stunning. We went into some caves and then stopped off for an hour to swim in the middle of the sea. After that we stopped off at a harbour and had a few hours to look around and get some lunch/dinner. The staff are amazing on the boat and there are also 2 bars. It is quite a long boat ride and can be quite chilly on the way back so I would definitely bring a jacket.

1  Thank Niamh P
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I booked the trip to Anti-Paxos an Paxos. The scenery, supplied by Mother Nature could not be faulted. Beautiful water, coastline, caves and pleasant stop on Paxos. The staff were pleasant and the Greek dancing at the end was fun, however, the boat was too big and there were far too many people crammed on. People were fighting for seats and it was very uncomfortable. I have been on many, many boat trips and this seems to be the way they are going, which is a shame as they used to be relaxed chilled and fun days out and now you find yourself fighting for a few inches of seating or have to sit on the floor. If you don't want to stand the rest of the journey, then the swim stop is a waste of time. I was disappointed that I had to spend a whole day of my short holiday crammed onto an uncomfortable boat, but i made the most of the scenery. I would not book this again but would see if there are alternative, smaller boats.

2  Thank TRGA