“Super little hotel”
Review of Sands Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lefkada
Sands Hotel
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Lefkada
Durham, United Kingdom
“Super little hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were very please with this hotel which was in the perfect position in Nidri for us, very close to the beach and close enough to the centre with a little walk to work up an appetite for the bars and restaurants. The rooms are basic but very clean and the hotel, pool and grounds were in good condition complimented by a friendly owner and staff. The noise from the bar had a tendency to travel to our room on a night as we were directly above the bar, but it didn't bother us too much as we had a great view of the sea and islands however if you are easily disturbed it would be preferable to have a room at the back of the hotel. Overall this hotel was perfect base for what we needed for our holiday.

Room Tip: Go left out of the hotel to some nearby restaurants, Ann-Maries being one, that serve basic but deli...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mags86ok

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
New Mills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We returned from Sands on Sunday the 25th of May, after a wonderful 2 weeks, A fantastic owner in Leartis who could not do enough to make sure we had a relaxing holiday. The hotel only had a few people staying and the rooms where cleaned every day, as was all the pool and communal areas. The rooms are a good standard of Greek self catering with a full sized fridge, crockery, pans etc. The bar area is a nice place to have a drink before or after dinner and to pick Leartis' brain about the surrounding area and what to see. The hotel is set just a short walk into the centre of Nidri and it's just across the road to the beach. Overall a great place to stay and a very nice town centre. We look forward to going again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sally C
london
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Set across from a pebble beach the Sands Hotel is a great place to relax and unwind the owner Leartis is a friendly guy who makes everyone feel like family, the bar area on the downstairs is a great place to meet people and enjoy a drink, the swimming pool is also good with a Jacuzzi at the far end. A short walk gets you into town where you can experience some good greek food and then a nice walk around the harbour with there expensive yachts all in all a great place.

Room Tip: Top floor at the front where you over look the pool and the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank panglover
Nidri, Greece
Reviewed 2 November 2013

we have been coming to sands hotel for the last twelve years, mostly twice a year. we have nothing but praise for the owner and his family; they treat us with extreme kindness and helpfulness every time we visit.
we like to stay on the ground floor now as we get older though we used to stay upstairs our rooms are cleaned six times a week by his friendly and helpful staff, far more than we ever expected.
we like to eat at the hotel at least three times a week even when we were in better health. the food is extremely well prsented and very filling and we very reasonably priced. our favourite night is the barbecue, why? well there are so many dishes for starters before you have the main meal which is freshly cooked and to your choice, after there is greek english dancing, sadly we can only watch now but the atmosphere is very good and clients come to the greek night who are not staying at the hotel.
we like to spend a great deal of our time around the pool and bar area;{ one has to keep cool and watered} there is free wifi around the bar and you can usually have a conversation with the bar staff. the friendly representative of olympic, phil and other customers.
the location for us is ideal as it is away from the hustle and bustle but close to the town for those that enjoy a short walk. laertis the owner take us to the shop to get extra provisions and for his guests, nothing is to much trouble, if they want something and it is not on the menu he will get it.
i realise that for many clients they do like to go to other places on their holidays,
but not for us, this has become a second home and we will continue to come as long as we remain in good health. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Room Tip: ground floor rear
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank graham677
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went to Lefkada from October 6th to October 20th and stayed on the top floor of The Sands Hotel, Nidri. The views from the balconies were amazing. The hotel is owned by a very pleasant man called Leatris, and his lovely wife Natasha. My room was cleaned daily, by Panayotis and Vassiliki. They were so friendly and welcoming.They told me about places to go e.g. by bicycle, bus or walking, as I didn't have a car. And when I mentioned chasing after an elusive mosquito one night, they brought me a candle with a scent that puts any mosquito off.
It did not matter that I never went to the barbecue night or that I didn't eat in the hotel or even buy drinks there - I was made to feel so at home there.
I travelled from Manchester to Nidri with a friend. My friend had room 306,and I had room 308. We had so much space - balconies all the way round. It wasn't busy in October. Waking up there was magical - so quiet at the back, and enormous green plants of every hue and tone. Then the misty mountains behind. This will live in my mind for a long long time. The pace of life suited me. No rushing about. The days were big and exciting. The weather was dramatic too. There were thunderstorms and torrential rainfall - at night mostly - and there was glorious sunshine too. I liked Nidri very much. I used to go for a walk by the water after my morning coffee taken on the balcony. So peaceful to walk by the water - then you'd hear a splash and see a fish jump. Just back from the water's edge there were olive trees - it looked like a veritable fairyland.
I would whole heartedly recommend this place and the people. I have nothing but the utmost thanks and respect for them. They certainly made my holiday a wonderful experience to remember.
Efharisto para poli.

Room Tip: Great views from the top floor at the back.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank irene212212
south
Reviewed 12 October 2013

There were six of us staying at this hotel and we all had a great time. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool was great and quite warm. A small and friendly place where everyone speaks to you, not like the large hotels. I have been to many places in Greece and this was by far one of the best. My friends have just returned for a second visit and enjoyed it, so we will be booking for next year too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pompeySouth
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Went to the Sands Hotel with Olympic flying with Small Planet airlines. The plane was an old 737 and uncomfortably hot on both outbound & inbound flights. Arrived at the Sands and was greeted by Laertis. This guy is very friendly and well travelled. He has been to England visiting London and Harrogate. It makes a nice change to be greeted with a warm smile every time I passed through reception rather than the usual woman talking angrily on the phone all the time. The rooms are basic with no TV or telephone but are clean and neat. The self catering is the usual Greek two hobs and a basic assortment of cutlery/pans/etc. It has to be noted that the safety deposit box is in reception. For those unfamiliar with Greece it also has to be noted that you have to pay for the air con. The Sands is a small hotel but with a big friendly atmosphere, some might not like the shared balcony but I think it encouraged people to be more sociable. If you are having lunch in Nidri don’t bother walking up into the town, the snacks that Laertis offers are very good and available all day long. There are some slight negatives, light sleepers could be disturbed by the noisy fridge and the hot water was variable. I paid for my air con and safety deposit box on arrival and was not pleased when on my final day that Laertis said that I needed to pay for the air con and safety deposit box. I thought there was going to be a scene but thankfully it wasn’t mentioned again, so if you do pay on arrival ask for a receipt. I can’t understand the bad reviews that some people have posted, if you’ve got a problem see Laertis will sort it out pronto. This has been my fourth Greek holiday and the Sands has been by far and away the best value for money. Phil the Olympic rep was very good, the only annoying thing was all the excursions I wanted to book were all on a Tuesday or Wednesday and clashed with each other. N idri is very scenic, the town itself is busy even in September. It is not a Brit hotspot so there are no Irish bars and only one English bar. The Devine Bar which owned by a Brit and is full of English people at the weekend but pretty dead through the week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo