“The Perfect Place”

Amadryades Villas
Ranked #70 of 324 Speciality Lodging in Lefkada
“The Perfect Place”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We spent a week in what we found to be the perfect place for us: quiet and peaceful, amazing sunsets, easy access to beautiful beaches (especially Egremni and Porto Katsiki), great private pool for cooling the evenings, well equipped house and most important, a host ready to help and provide you all you need. Thank you, Kostas, we will return for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlexViski

Solo
Business
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Amazing view, wonderful sunsets.Independent,private and quiet villas, each one surrounded by wood fences. Nice place for relaxing holidays.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adreas m
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 July 2011

So unfortunate…

This has to be one of the most unfortunate situations that we have had on our holiday.
I got in touch with the owner of this establishment earlier on in the year and although I had booked a small hotel in Lefkada for 6 days, my husband and I wanted something a bit more private for the duration of our stay which would have been an extra 3.
She was very kind and always keen on answering all my tiring questions about the villa.
The time came and we moved from the hotel to these villas which are situated on a hill in the middle of nowhere, mind you this was a good thing for us because the serenity was amazing, there were no hotels, houses or buildings anywhere in the vicinity and this made it very special. Peace and quiet, that’s what we were looking for. So, the owners’ husband was waiting for us, we parked our car in the private parking area and walked into our villa. It was nice; exactly what you see in the photos, but what you can’t see is how tiny the bathroom is and how dirty the place is in general. The couches were dirty; there were a couple of bugs crawling on the floor. On the window screen, there was a dead moth that was probably stuck there for ages, the kitchen bench had bread crumbs on it, the sink was smelly and mouldy and the bathroom had an awful overpowering stench. My husband and I looked at each other and said “Oh no”! But nevertheless, we thought, ok, we’ve been to worse places we can handle this, after all we were planning to spend all our time sitting by the pool and enjoying the peace and at 120€ a night it wasn’t that bad. Or so we thought!!
As soon as we inspected the interior, the owner left in a hurry, left us the key and literally ran to his car and drove off, we thought it was weird, but figured he had business to attend to.
We changed into our bathing suites, admired the garden and popped in the pool, which by the way was only 1,40 m deep and the stair handle bars were loose. Suddenly, a wasp buzzed passed me… thought nothing of it… then another and another. We looked at the pool and there were dozens and dozens of wasps swarming in and around the water, I nearly chocked and I am not exaggerating.
I thought to myself, I can handle the dirt, but not this. So, got out of the pool, reached for my cell phone to give the owner a call… no reception at all, I asked my husband to check his cell… no reception. I searched for a phone in the villa… no phone. Now I was pissed. This was the reason why he had left the premises in such a hurry.
My husband and I had to change get into the car drive 2 km to get cell reception and arrange a meeting with him to complain about the wasps. As soon as I confronted him he said, yes I know, we do have a problem with wasps but I am unable to find a solution to the problem, so I will be happy to give you a full refund. I was stunned, absolutely stunned, how can you not mention something as important as this, or better yet how can you not find an environment friendly solution to this problem?
We got back into the car, drove to the property, put our luggage in the car and left with a heavy heart.
Yes, we did get a full refund, but how sad we were! We wasted half a day looking for another place to stay and feeling cheated because the owner had obviously dealt with this problem in the past and simply chose to do nothing about it.
Such a shame!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marzgr
amadryades11, Owner at Amadryades Villas, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our villa complex. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not as you had expected.
We would like to inform you that we are interested in our customer 's reviews because we have the chance to improve ourselves.
To start with, thank you for the positive things you have mentioned in your review as far as the location of the villas , the environment and the price.
However, we ensure you that our cleaning service is of great value, but in case of someone’s special request is at his disposal , as long as we are asked to.
Moreover, the insects are part of the nature, are not dangerous, of course they are not come in dozens to attack you, and they are not “made” to hurt people!
The personality is not the same in all people that is the reason just one situation creates different impressions –images to every person.
As far as the cell reception is concerned, not all mobile companies are factional but they can be in 1 kilometer distance from our villas.
Our primary purpose is keep our customers satisfied.
We believe that, at least a 24hour accommodation makes a review comprehensive and helpful. It doesn’t come as a surprise to us that our customers come again and again!
Please, feel free to contact myself directly if you are travelling to Lefkas again , so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.