Country Inn Hotel
US$98
Hotel Oceanis(Kallithea)(Great Value!)
US$232
Travelocity
Blue Bay Hotel(Afitos)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

TripAdvisor
Alkionis Studios(Kallithea)
Aegean Residence(Kallithea)
Casa Mameli(Kallithea)
  • Pool
Erifili Hotel(Kallithea)
Hotels.com
All reviewstwo weeksgreek yogurtother guestsbbq nightminute walkrelaxing breakplenty of sunbedssea viewshower cubiclelittle gemair confull size fridgebeautiful greeksmall hotelpine treesour favouritelovely village
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back from a week stay at the Country Inn. All the staff will make you feel very welcome, nothing is too much for them. The apartments are situated about a 10 min walk from the centre of Kallithea, Rooms are of a decent size and have fridge and kettle. The hairdryer is very small (fine for me as my hair is very short), if you have long or thick hair you might want to bring your own hairdryer. The biggest issue for me was the shower, it was about 2 foot square, I'm 5 foot 6 and weigh 11 stone and there was no room for me to move about in the shower.

The grounds are well kept and there are enough sunbeds for all the guests so no need to get up early. Breakfast is usual continental style. The food you can get at the apartments is ok value but is limited in choice. Drinks are a little expensive.

All in all a decent little set-up, and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NorthLondonian
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The previous reviews are all true, this place is amazing!

This was our first holiday with our eight month old and we couldn’t have been made to feel more welcome.

All the staff are fabulous and so happy to help as previously described.

We had an issue with our air con not working and they couldn’t have been more helpful, arranging an electrician...it was sorted within an hour, ready for a cool bedtime for our little one.

Breakfast and the food on offer is not exceptionally fancy but delicious all the same, the traditional Greek food is a must. There’s plenty of choice in the mornings, enough for fussy eaters to not go hungry.

Unfortunately I can’t remember the chefs name but this lady was one of the highlights of our holiday. She said hello to our little one everyday and our daughter loved her.

All the staff are so polite and welcoming.

The gardens/grounds are beatiful, so well maintained and clean, as was our room.

The view down to the sea is fabulous and whilst Kallithea centre wasn’t really to our taste, the hotel is well situated for the beach and a short walk to the lovely afitos.

Book this place, it’s a must.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank NatashaSheree
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We booked here last minute because it was a good deal and we had a wedding close by. When we arrived place looked lovely. Our room was ok, bathroom wasn’t amazing but was clean. However the staff are the nicest people you could wish to meat. The owner George is sound. We had a toddler and he went out and arranged some extra protection for the balcony as she might have got through the bars. Has Mum also got a brand new travel cot for our arrival.

Eleni who is on all day was so lovely and made us feel so welcome at all times!

Nikolas was on in the evening and is a lovely guy and top barman. He has help from Nikoleta for dinner and she’s also lovely. They made us feel like family and all took turns helping our daughter learn to walk.

I feel bad I don’t remember the chef’s name. She also lovely and comes in the afternoon and evening to cook the lovely food. The food is lovely fresh traditional food but they will do anything you request and did for us somethings as we had a 1yr old.

The setting is perfect. Best place to ever have breakfast on the cliff side with a breeze in the sun.

I never normally go the same place twice but I will defiantly try to go back to the country inn because they are proper real people! Thanks for our amazing holiday

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in July and can honestly say we had the most amazing time. The hotel is quite a bit of a transfer from the airport but we were greeted, on arrival at the hotel, by George, the hotel owner. He was very nice and welcoming.

We had asked TUI before we arrived to request that we didn’t have a “basement” floor room due to reviews we had read on here, however this message didn’t get to the hotel (not the hotel’s fault so can’t hold this against them).

In any case, when we were taken to our basement floor room, we had none of the issues reported here such as a smell of damp etc. It was relatively big, bed was comfortable and our bathroom was nice. A few people have said their shower cubicles in the basement rooms were small, but ours was quite big (from speaking to others though, I think our room had been renovated as what others described wasn’t like ours).

You don’t really have a view from the terrace as you are down a level, this was a wee bit disappointing as I like to sit out on the balcony etc at night and take in the views. I’d say if we were booking again, we’d definitely book a sea view room to make sure we got one of these.

Speaking of views...the views of the sea from the swimming pool/bar area were AMAZING! I could have looked out at it all day. The hotel staff couldn’t do enough for you, constantly going overboard to make sure all guests were happy. We had good banter with Nikos as he was a fan of the film Trainspotting and loved the fact I had a Scottish accent! Elena was just lovely and never had anything but a smile on her face. She was really helpful when I had to get to a doctor too and after I was prescribed medication, she checked up on me at breakfasts in the morning to make sure I had eaten the recommended things too!

The pool is a good size and very deep so good if you like a good swim. There are plenty of sun loungers so you won’t go without. We did however experience some guests getting up extremely early to put towels out on the “cushioned” sun loungers which did get a wee bit annoying after 10 days lol. It might have been easier if the cushions were on all the sun loungers or none at all!

Food was lovely. Breakfast basic, but does the job. We had lunch several times at the hotel. Club sandwich is amazing as are all the salads.

Drinks I found quite expensive initially (€4 a pint of lager and €6 for a spirit and mixer). I later found out that these were normal prices for Afitos/Kallithea bars and restaurants too. Just something to be aware of. A Coca Cola alone at the hotel was €3 so it can mount up quite quickly.

The only negative for me was the mosquito bites. The hotel could be doing with some sort of mosquito protection for the rooms. I was bitten several times during the night on most nights. I’m not really prone to bites, having been to Mexico twice for two weeks each time and coming back with not one bite, so this was a surprise. It got to the point that I could have joined the dots on my legs! This would definitely improve matters for the hotel.

Afitos is the most amazing little town. Words cannot describe how beautiful it is. You just have to experience it. Three restaurants I’d recommend there are Eat7, Fortuna and Soboros. Beautiful food and fab staff!

Kallithea, complete opposite to Afitos but good to walk down for something different. It’s much louder and crowded than Afitos. A really good gyros takeaway place on the main road down from the hotel. €3 for the best gyros ever. Still dreaming about it 5 months later!

Overall though, a fantastic stay at the country inn and in Halkidiki. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachael E
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Really nice family run, small hotel. Beautiful location, really handy for the beach and Kallithea town or as a base to explore Halkidiki. Only a twenty minute walk to Afytos town which is a quaint town with lots of restaurants. Taxis for return trip readily available if you want. Good sized supermarket five minutes down the road. Rooms had a kettle and decent sized fridge, so eating in occasionally was a realistic option. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, food at the bar was good although we thought the breakfast was a bit basic. Nice pool with plenty of sunbeds - catches the sun all day.

Room Tip: Rooms with the sea view (through trees) don't get the sun on the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple